How many hunt on the ground??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many hunt on the ground??

Not talking ground blinds, talking going out & find a yopon bush or fallen tree & set up?? I’ve done this the last few times I’ve hunted & find it more enjoyable. Current spot this morning

Spot I found the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not many people do anymore. But I spend about half my time in a ghillie suit on the ground

Comment

I’ve done it several times this season and find it more enjoyable too, but way less successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I do occasionally. I love it.

Comment

I've done it several times. Find a giant cedar, cut a path in from the back. Natural blind. Works great.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            Not many people do anymore. But I spend about half my time in a ghillie suit on the ground
            Yessir. I’m with the OP, anytime I can get in with less gear I’m all for it! Obviously not all areas are conducive to that, but it’s definitely a favorite of mine.

Comment

My son and I hunt from ground blinds.

Comment

I’ve done this several times this year with varying levels of success.

I had a draw on a nice buck but one of his does came in on my side and blew the alarm.

Hard to find the perfect spot.

Comment

I do when I use Trad gear.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Not as much anymore.....hehehe
                    However, I wish I had a buck for every hour buried up in a blow down, bushes, even laying in a hole.....hehehe

Comment

I hunt on the ground almost 100% of the time now.....mainly do the still hunt method. I've killed two bucks this year and missed another from ground level.

Comment

All the time up here, no blinds in the NF for us. Many say camo is not necessary but it helps me to disappear in the trees.In these pics I merely stepped back into a little group of trees to disappear. Had elk close but no shots that day.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I do with trad gear, but wouldn't be opposed to climbing for some spots. Rifle, I'm elevated. Just safer

Comment

I prefer the ground over all else.

Comment

I hunted from the ground until I got my saddle, there is NOTHING like being at eye level from an animal and not having to carry a ton of gear around.

Comment

Working...
                              X