Keto for dummies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man View Post
    Everyone I know who has done the Keto diet, atkins, paleo, weight watchers (wife included). Has gone right back to where they used to be after stopping. You have to make a lifestyle change.
    Somewhere in a person's mind is will power, you got to find it. I can sit at the kitchen table with bowls of food all around me and not have the desire to eat. I never skip breakfast and drink lots of water.

The problem is being tempted to eat a bunch of crappy food and sit around, like right now I need to be cutting firewood but I am on TBH instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      Somewhere in a person's mind is will power, you got to find it. I can sit at the kitchen table with bowls of food all around me and not have the desire to eat. I never skip breakfast and drink lots of water.

The problem is being tempted to eat a bunch of crappy food and sit around, like right now I need to be cutting firewood but I am on TBH instead.
      [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

tagged

Comment

17 grams of carbs today. Ate eggs, elk backstrap, crab legs, shrimp.... Not a bad day.

Comment

Thanks for all the help, y'all. The Diet Doctor and a couple other sites were very helpful. It's not as complicated as I thought it was gonna be. Been eating keto stuff for the last few days, both at home and at restaurants. I use the myFitnessPal app. It's helpful to plug in a food and see the macros to find out if it fits for keto or not.

The first day I had a little bit of a headache, but not bad. Drank some electrolytes in my water, and that cleared it up.

Also, I've been eating 3 meals/day with healthy snacks in between meals for years. But the last few days on low carb foods, I haven't been hungry at all between meals - sometimes not even hungry when it's meal time again. Y'all were right about that too. I've been reading about the benefits of intermittent fasting. I can see how that won't be hard at all eating like this. Pretty cool.

So far, I'm loving it.

Comment

Keto is not that hard once you get the hang of it, especially using an app like My Fitness Pal or Carb Manager. Not sure if you are close to a Chipotle, but that is my go to for lunch because it is so easy. The headaches might continue, but plenty of water and electrolytes should help. Powerade Zero was always a good option.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                Keto is not that hard once you get the hang of it, especially using an app like My Fitness Pal or Carb Manager. Not sure if you are close to a Chipotle, but that is my go to for lunch because it is so easy. The headaches might continue, but plenty of water and electrolytes should help. Powerade Zero was always a good option.

There's a Chipotle in town, but I'm not a fan of their food. Plenty of other options that are good though.

Topo Chico and Hydra Surge electrolyte powder is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  There's a Chipotle in town, but I'm not a fan of their food. Plenty of other options that are good though.

Topo Chico and Hydra Surge electrolyte powder is pretty good.

Not a big fan of Chipotle either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

2lbs of backstrap seasoned in a paleo rub, 4 eggs for breakfast.

Panda Express power greens and black pepper chicken for supper. The sauce has a few, but the high amount of fiber in the greens helps a bit. Wash it down with a ice cold diet coke.. keto ain't hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      My cholesterol numbers are a little high, so I want to try keto in hopes of getting those #s back down. Is there a good resource out there that has meal plans, recipes, and grocery lists all pre-planned? I'd like to find something like that rather than have to figure out how to plan every meal for the first month or so. Seems like that would make it easier to learn and get used to the keto way of cooking and eating.
                      I lost 80 lbs on the plan that my wife, a certified health coach, got me on and I'm off any high cholesterol and high blood pressure meds. Best thing is that it is all set out for you in a plan that is simple to follow without having to count calories or spend all day on a Sunday prepping meals for the week.
                      Send me a PM if you would like to chat with her.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                        2lbs of backstrap seasoned in a paleo rub, 4 eggs for breakfast.

Panda Express power greens and black pepper chicken for supper. The sauce has a few, but the high amount of fiber in the greens helps a bit. Wash it down with a ice cold diet coke.. keto ain't hard.

Two pounds of venison in a sitting is far from keto

Comment

What happened to good old fashion exercise and eating cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by justicetx View Post
                            What happened to good old fashion exercise and eating cleaner.

No money in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                              Two pounds of venison in a sitting is far from keto
                              Don't forget the diet coke

Comment

I’d watch the diet soft drinks and take it easy on the protein, a lot of people think keto is high protein but is actually a moderate to low protein diet, until you reach your goal weight you can up it to build muscle while working out. But too much protein will turn into glucose. A lot of the crap in diet soda will turn into sugar, spike insulin and make weight loss more difficult also. It took me a little bit to figure out the perfect amount of protein per day.

Comment

Working...
                                X