Double Down attraction capabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
    Well....let me get off the current topic and back to the topic at hand.

I was contacted by Bee County Co-Op this week which is a feed very close to the same TDN% as DD. They got me some of their feed in hand and I’m going to do my best to do a side-by-side comparison taste test of the two in front of a game camera. I tried this once before with another feed, but had some technical difficulties, but with a couple new cameras will give this a shot. We are headed to fill feeders out west first week of May and will try it then. We shall see.

Thank you all for your responses and feedback above. It has been a plethora of knowledge and opinions to read thru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My deer are looking great on the Bee County Coop 17%.
    Their consumption is way down, but still look great, which is a good thing for me.
    My prediction is that the deer will be standing at the DD feeder more. Whether they will get more out of that, I don't know???
    Let us know, thanks

Comment

our deer look great on second rate Mexican made protein .....Dont tell Holden

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
        Peyton, I will chime in here.
        First off, I think DD is a GREAT feed. I have fed a lot of it. Second, I love what Bret is doing over on the Holden pasture. It's Awesome!!!
        I think what annoys people is the fact that THEY(Holden group) put up high fence to keep the deer from jumping the fence and getting killed by certain neighbors. Then put "LOW FENCE" in every title. It don't bother me, but I can see some peoples point on that.
        We have 4.5 miles out of 12 LF. Deer contest, B&C and all most everyone would consider it low fence. I do point out that we are HF'd on 3 sides to insure someone might not be mislead into believing we're completely low fenced. Brett has more LF than the haters want to believe.

The marketing techniques of DD annoy many folks and push people to look for things to discredit the product/Brett.

DD is one component in a very successful program on a very special ranch. Many ranch managers wont feed it because its only one ingredient in the recipe for success and it's often promoted as the only ingredient required.

And to answer the original question posted on this thread..... Yes, I believe your deer will be more attracted to it and eat more. Many, many threads out there supporting that claim. Can't wait to see your results.

Comment

Originally posted by B&C View Post
          We have 4.5 miles out of 12 LF. Deer contest, B&C and all most everyone would consider it low fence. I do point out that we are HF'd on 3 sides to insure someone might not be mislead into believing we're completely low fenced. Brett has more LF than the haters want to believe.

The marketing techniques of DD annoy many folks and push people to look for things to discredit the product/Brett.

DD is one component in a very successful program on a very special ranch. Many ranch managers wont feed it because its only one ingredient in the recipe for success and it's often promoted as the only ingredient required.

And to answer the original question posted on this thread..... Yes, I believe your deer will be more attracted to it and eat more. Many, many threads out there supporting that claim. Can't wait to see your results.
          Fair enough, but if you are going to claim "low fence" in every title, then cut ALL the fences down to 4 foot and let the chips fall where they may. Give ALL your neighbors the chance to kill the deer at 3 1/2 yrs old just like all the REAL low fenced places.
          Why HIGH FENCE anyone out?
          If you want to claim low fence, then BE low fence!!!
          Last edited by bukkskin; 04-22-2018, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Frankly I’m surprised someone hasn’t really whipped his short *ss really good.
            Actually I heard that happened at a CCA banquet

What I don't like about the DD add's, especially on their facebook page, is that they will take pictures of deer on their lease and make it sound like the picture was submitted by some random hunter who just started using DD on their lease in some other part of the state..... most people don't catch that, but I do and its kinda slimy

And a lease like the Chittum ranch SHOULD NEVER have an open spot, but holden has atleast a few every year it seems....that tells a lot about the guys who run it and the shady business that goes on out there.

Does DD work, yes, would it have the same effects on most other ranches, probably not. Just a heads up, the Chittum Ranch has produced 200" bucks since the beginning of time and will continue to even if every feeder on the place was taken down and day hunts where offered.

Comment

I currently hunt with a guy who hunted on the Holden pasture a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexdeer19 View Post
                I currently hunt with a guy who hunted on the Holden pasture a few years ago.
                Ok... and?

Comment

Again, yall are harping on Brett and his marketing while complementing the product. I understand your personal opinions, but why s’*t on every thread about DD?

Comment

Why come to every thread about it and act like the number one fan boy? Why do you feel the need to defend DD every time someone posts about it? If anybody says anything negative you label them as a hater.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                      Again, yall are harping on Brett and his marketing while complementing the product. I understand your personal opinions, but why s’*t on every thread about DD?
                      As a casual observer with no skin in the game, here is my honest feedback for you. People tend to buy products, and speak well/poorly about products, based on how they feel about the companies owner/leaders. While the product may be good, if the person in charge is a poor character, many will not buy from them.

So your expectations that people can separate the product from the owner/representation is not realistic. The list of real world examples is pages long.

Quality customer service, ethical actions by leaders of a company and moral character of the leadership a company are so, so important. And what you are seeing is Mr. Holden's reputation holding the product back.
                      Last edited by texas shag; 04-23-2018, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                        Why come to every thread about it and act like the number one fan boy? Why do you feel the need to defend DD every time someone posts about it? If anybody says anything negative you label them as a hater.

The original post was about the attractiveness of DD. I responded with my experience and predicted the comments that would come from y’all, and they came. Same points, same folks. Personal opinions against Brett, compliments on the product.

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                          As a casual observer with no skin in the game, here is my honest feedback for you. People tend to buy products, and speak well/poorly about products, based on how they feel about the companies owner/leaders. While the product may be good, if the person in charge is a poor character, many will not buy from them.

So your expectations that people can separate the product from the owner/representation is not realistic. The list of real world examples is pages long.

Quality customer service, ethical actions by leaders of a company and moral character of the leadership a company are so, so important. And what you are seeing is Mr. Holden's reputation holding the product back.
                          Get that checkbook ready DD is next for us
                          Last edited by bphillips; 04-23-2018, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                            Get that checkbook ready DD is next for us

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                              The original post was about the attractiveness of DD. I responded with my experience and predicted the comments that would come from y’all, and they came. Same points, same folks. Personal opinions against Brett, compliments on the product.
                              Your first words were ring the bell for the haters!
                              Why? And who is Y'all? People have opinions I guess it's hard for you to accept that.
                              You going to answer my question of why you feel the need to act like a fan boy and defend DD? You act like you have some stakes in Bretts game the way you defend it. You can't just post your experience with it and move on.

Comment

Catarina hit the nail on the head. The Chittum was producing 200” deer long before DD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X