SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    Or we start new threads and put "banter" in the title as not to confuse anyone, lol

I agree. And the other thread doesn't see anything lol

Comment

Sorry the hear that Daniel.

Damian, you may not be ther yet, as you say, but you won't be the worst shooter there, so get your can out there!

Comment

So I'm going through a breakup.. It's hard to accept... but I'm planning a hunting trip Saturday so that's a good thing I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LilMissHunter View Post
          So I'm going through a breakup.. It's hard to accept... but I'm planning a hunting trip Saturday so that's a good thing I guess.

Sorry to hear. So you hunt in the Sam? That's a loooooong drive from FTW area.

Comment

Always difficult ... What's on the menu?

Comment

Almost got a tom in the grasslands and was on top of them this past weekend so I'm going to get the job done. I want that bird but I might go with a buddy out to some private land his friend owns so we will see.

Comment

I've been home the last 3 days with a sick baby so I'm getting yard work done and staying busy with housework to get my mind off ****. It's hardest in the evening when kids go to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                  As for shooting a tourney, I'm not there yet......yet.
                  One thing to keep in mind is that a trad shoot is not a tournament. It is a gathering and an excuse to go shoot. You don't even have to turn in your score card. I went and shot 3D within about a week of getting my first recurve in the mail simply because I was invited and reassured that it was no big deal. I won't lie, I was anxious, but after all was said and done, the anxiety was indeed unfounded.

Trad is fun. Sure, there are those in any crowd that take it a little too seriously at times, but generally speaking that is not the case. Trad 3D shoots are like playing in a charity golf event. You pick the group you are going to play with, and what determines how much fun you have is that group... not anybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                    One thing to keep in mind is that a trad shoot is not a tournament. It is a gathering and an excuse to go shoot. You don't even have to turn in your score card. I went and shot 3D within about a week of getting my first recurve in the mail simply because I was invited and reassured that it was no big deal. I won't lie, I was anxious, but after all was said and done, the anxiety was indeed unfounded.

Trad is fun. Sure, there are those in any crowd that take it a little too seriously at times, but generally speaking that is not the case. Trad 3D shoots are like playing in a charity golf event. You pick the group you are going to play with, and what determines how much fun you have is that group... not anybody else.

Sounds like our shoots also some are serous biome shoot for fun and don't care about score. And some just shoot for practice. It's always a good time.

Comment

Good post SR, sums it up very well[emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Almost got a tom in the grasslands and was on top of them this past weekend so I'm going to get the job done. I want that bird but I might go with a buddy out to some private land his friend owns so we will see.

I was wondering how your hunt went

Comment

20 mph winds made it hard to call them in.. They got out of the roost earlier than usual and I walked right up on them gobbling and couldn't get to my tree. Then they went onto the private property to some feeders and wouldn't cross back.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Daniel.

On my way home from work minister called and asked if I was coming to services tonite. Told him with wife away I had too much to do. He told me that was fine, but I likely needed some "guidance". When I asked why he did not answer, but informed me he needed squirrel and dumplings like we have back home. So guess I have guest tomorrow nite.l

Comment

That's what you get David for bragging on the interweb about shooting squirrels. Haha.

Comment

How am I supposed to read yalls "banter" while at lunch, if nobodies bantering?

Comment

Working...
                                X