Remington 783

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington 783

Lookin to buy one of these for my wife. Specifically either the 16 inch 6.5 creedmoor or a compact 243 version. Anyone have experience with either? Reviews?

Great shooting gun

Comment

My son has one chambered in .308 Winchester. It's a tack-driving, hog and deer killing machine. He's very happy with his.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

I'm leaning toward the creedmoor as that is what I shoot and would like to have identical rounds. Any reason to pick the 243 over the 6.5? I'm gonna say the recoil is the same

Comment

.243 Winchester ammo may be cheaper and easier to find on the shelves than the 6.5. This is a non-issue if you're a reloader, break even if you already shoot the 6.5 as simplifying your logistics is always a win. Has she fired the 6.5 yet? If not, let her and see what she thinks of it.

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

Fantastic value-- Ive run them in .308, .270 and now a 6.5cm 24" heavy barrel. All shot under 1" @ 100 with factory ammo. The .308 and 6.5 shot 1/2" or better.

Comment

Although I'm a beginner, I know my uncle I often go with has the .308 - and he is always raving about it.

Comment

Working...
              X