X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learn something new everyday

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
      I know that it is illegal to use artificial light to hunt deer. But I know of no regulation prohibiting hunting by moonlight. It was bright enough this evening to hunt much later than I actually did hunt.
      Welcome to the brotherhood of east texas hunters ! The angel on your shoulder will keep telling you it's wrong but ignore her. Things that feel so good can't be wrong

Comment

Use a suppressor if you do

Comment

Okies

Had a guy in Oklahoma tell me the way he killed his biggest bucks was rattling on a full moon during the rut!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
            Had a guy in Oklahoma tell me the way he killed his biggest bucks was rattling on a full moon during the rut!
            Fairly certain my neighbor does this as well

Comment

OK, so there's a rule. So I won't deer hunt by moonlight. I knew that there had to be a catch. But I will still use the hunt until I can't see to shoot method to determine quitting time. I don't wear a watch. I'm not going to look at my phone to check the time as it blinds me. With my old eyes I'm probably legal anyway. If I'm off by a couple of minutes no one will know, including myself.

Comment

Sometimes we forget that full moons can occur during daylight hours. In fact, judging from the time that the moon came up on yesterday there very well may be a full moon visible during legal shooting hours today. I will have to try some rattling before coming back to the house. It was not working earlier this week.

Comment

I'd be willing to bet that most hunters stay on stand and hunt until too dark to see......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Thorcules View Post
                    I feel like you shouldn’t be hunting whitetail in Texas if you ask this question....
                    LOL

Comment

Honest injun, I thought that you could hunt deer until you could not see well enough to shoot. Not much sense in the rifle hunters buying those thousand dollars scopes to get a few extra minutes of shooting in if the regulation is a half hour after sundown. It is still pretty light then.
                      On a real cloudy day it is pitch black 30 minutes after sunset.

Comment

Never tried this but I'll bet its highly effective..

Comment

OK, so there's a rule. So I won't deer hunt by moonlight. I knew that there had to be a catch. But I will still use the hunt until I can't see to shoot method to determine quitting time. I don't wear a watch. I'm not going to look at my phone to check the time as it blinds me. With my old eyes I'm probably legal anyway. If I'm off by a couple of minutes no one will know, including myself.
                          And no one will care.. Do it to it..

Comment

Full moon in November is the hunters moon. They don't call it that because it sounds cool. Once you let you eyes adjust you can see very well on a full moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                              I'd be willing to bet that most hunters stay on stand and hunt until too dark to see......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              I know that I always used to and so did most of my lease partners back in the day.

Comment

November 4th
                                Full Beaver Moon 1:23 am

December 3rd
                                Full Cold Moon 10:47 am

The hunters moon was in October. Tonight is the full beaver moon.

Comment

Working...
                                X