Still waiting on your math

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      Still waiting on your math
      I ran out of fingers and toes.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
        I ran out of fingers and toes.
        That would be close. 20 digits right of the decimal point is close but you need to go a little bit further.

Comment

How do cellphones get into PRISONS
          Have you ever been to or driven by a prison?
          See how "hardened" they are?

But yet, inmates have cell phones in their...
          LoL CELLS

I guess that's like a car phone in a car, right?

You can screen kids all day long but they will just throw a gun over the back fence of the ball field and retrieve it later.

Maybe throw a gun on top of the school roof on Sunday then go retrieve it Monday morning to wreak havoc.
          So are you saying do nothing to try and prevent anymore mass shootings at schools?

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            This could backfire..
            As crazy as it sounds I'm thinking that some of these deranged kids will see these armed guards and armed teachers as a bigger challenge and the number of shootings go up...
            I hope I'm wrong but the way some of these hoodlums think these days it wouldn't surprise me not one bit... There is no one solution to solving this monstrosity of a mess...
            Let us know, let the governor know, let the POTUS know as the ideas are rampant...……. including Christ back in the public school system.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Let us know, let the governor know, let the POTUS know as the ideas are rampant...……. including Christ back in the public school system.
              Unfortunatley I believe that the we are past the point of fixing it..
              The causes are too numerous and our own laws work against fixing some of what would need to be done and the rest of the issues are just un-fixable..

This problem resembles medical problems a person gets after abusing his or her body for years.. Eventually the body is destroyed to the point of not being able to be fixed... The only chance of survival is to keep the problems medicated.. Medicated because the real problems are so bad and so far advanced that it is impossible to fix them..
              Last edited by PondPopper; 06-05-2018, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                You let Christ in, Muhammad will be right on His heels.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  Unfortunatley I believe that the we are past the point of fixing it..
                  The causes are too numerous and our own laws work against fixing some of what would need to be done and the rest of the issues are just un-fixable..

This problem resembles medical problems a person gets after abusing his or her body for years.. Eventually the body is destroyed to the point of not being able to be fixed... The only chance of survival is to keep the problems medicated.. Medicated because the real problems are so bad and so far advanced that it is impossible to fix them..
                  Folks are blaming over medication as a huge part of this............some are saying NOT ENOUGH medication down the right throats. Dunno, it could be a huge boom for the pharma industry if that is one of the solutions.
                  You let Christ in, Muhammad will be right on His heels.
                  Yep, but FREEDOM of religion is part of our constitution. I am sure Budha and Satan are not far behind that knowing young folks these days. I guess if Christians out numbered them things would stay in check.........or at least a balance which could result in a truce of understanding. Just thinking out loud, as i dont have the silver bullet (pun intended) but there is obviously something out of whack.

Comment

Here's what we have and I LIKE it.

I teach at a medium sized elementary @475 students
                    EVERY door is locked to prevent entry and has key card access.
                    The only door that remains open is one of the 4 main front doors, and the front foyer has been enclosed in plexiglass doors and windows. The 3 main hallways radiating out from the front foyer have double doors and you either have to be buzzed in by the secretary or use your key card.

the secretary's area is protected with metal mesh reinforced glass and she has a small port in the glass that people can talk through.

emergency exit is not hindered in any way, and the locked doors in NO WAY create any bottlenecks because they are only locked from the outside.

The entire staff have been trained in the A.L.I.C.E method of active shooter whatever you want to call it, and we have drills once a quarter.

Should all teachers be armed? No way.
                    Should teachers who wish to carry and become certified in some way or be required to show proof of training be allowed to carry? Yes.
                    I would gladly carry and kill the bad guy if it meant my little ones get to go home safe.

Teachers willingly put their lives out there in active shooter situations to protect the lives of our children. The least we can do as a society is allow them to use whatever means necessary to keep our kids safe.

When we did our ALICE training, the local PD had us all do a Code red lockdown, and lock our doors and huddle in the corner (typical lockdown). They then simply unlocked the door, walked in with a nerf gun and shot all of us. My question to the PD was, "yeah, but what if one of us was armed and shot back at you?" Even he admitted that it would have likely stopped the shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post

The only door that remains open is one of the 4 main front doors, and the front foyer has been enclosed in plexiglass doors and windows. The 3 main hallways radiating out from the front foyer have double doors and you either have to be buzzed in by the secretary or use your key card.

the secretary's area is protected with metal mesh reinforced glass and she has a small port in the glass that people can talk through.

emergency exit is not hindered in any way, and the locked doors in NO WAY create any bottlenecks because they are only locked from the outside.

The entire staff have been trained in the A.L.I.C.E method of active shooter whatever you want to call it, and we have drills once a quarter.

Should all teachers be armed? No way.
                      Should teachers who wish to carry and become certified in some way or be required to show proof of training be allowed to carry? Yes.
                      I would gladly carry and kill the bad guy if it meant my little ones get to go home safe.

Teachers willingly put their lives out there in active shooter situations to protect the lives of our children. The least we can do as a society is allow them to use whatever means necessary to keep our kids safe.

When we did our ALICE training, the local PD had us all do a Code red lockdown, and lock our doors and huddle in the corner (typical lockdown). They then simply unlocked the door, walked in with a nerf gun and shot all of us. My question to the PD was, "yeah, but what if one of us was armed and shot back at you?" Even he admitted that it would have likely stopped the shooting.
                      I like all of what you said. What point did the PD have in teaching that lesson? If an unlocked door is unlocked you can get through it? No **** Sherlock.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                        I like all of what you said. What point did the PD have in teaching that lesson? If an unlocked door is unlocked you can get through it? No **** Sherlock.

Door was locked

But he got the keys from the office.

Point. Locking the door does nothing. They trained us to block the door with everything in the room. Exit out the window.

My computer lab opens out.
                        So I’m basically screwed.

Comment

Some high schools in Houston have more than 4,750 students

Comment

Some high schools in Houston have more than 4,750 students

Thats a big part of the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Door was locked

But he got the keys from the office.

Point. Locking the door does nothing. They trained us to block the door with everything in the room. Exit out the window.

My computer lab opens out.
                              So I’m basically screwed.
                              mag locks

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                                mag locks
                                Magpul magazines locked & loaded

Comment

Working...
                                X