Pain in the neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pain in the neck

Well, I didn't post on here about it when I found out. But about 6 weeks ago, I found out I was gonna need surgery on my neck to remove half of my thyroid gland due to an very enlarged thyroid nodule that was found during an exam for an unrelated pain that developed during my Javi hunt in March. Needless to say, you can't shoot your bow or do a whole lot for a couple of weeks after neck surgery. To make matters worse, I developed a small bleed, had to travel for work, etc. Long story short, I haven't shot my bow in 3 weeks and have definitely been missing it... but just found out today that I can finally ease back into it this week. Of course I have to take it slow, which is probably good, because I feel like I lost a bit of strength doing absolutely nothing for 3 weeks!

Prayers up for a full recovery.

Comment

get better soon!

Miss seeing you at the shoots.

Comment

I feel your pain, recovering from radical prostatectomy . Haven't been able to shoot in three weeks and have three more to go ! Missed Chester, gonna miss Texas Longbow Championship, and haven't been able to locate this years stand location on new lease. The good news is that they think they got all the cancer so I'm blessed.

Comment

You might be surprised how well you shoot when you start back. The few times I had to "lay off" for awhile, when i started back I felt I was actually shooting better. I hope you have a speedy full recovery.

Comment

[QUOTE=chuckc.;13385864]I feel your pain, recovering from radical prostatectomy . Haven't been able to shoot in three weeks and have three more to go ! Missed Chester, gonna miss Texas Longbow Championship, and haven't been able to locate this years stand location on new lease. The good news is that they think they got all the cancer so I'm blessed.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Dang! Sounds like youre on the mend. Get well soon.

God bless!

Comment

Prayers of healing up for Scott and Chuck.

Comment

Scott and Chuck, I hope both of y’all have fast and complete recoveries!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Getting better everyday, thanks to a lot a prayers that went out!
                    Last edited by chuckc.; 05-21-2018, 07:05 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Probably shoot better after the rest. Take it Ez and wishing a speedy recovery.

Comment

Prayers for you both Scott and Chuck for a full recovery!

Comment

Here's to a quick, and full recovery.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by chuckc. View Post
                            I feel your pain, recovering from radical prostatectomy . Haven't been able to shoot in three weeks and have three more to go ! Missed Chester, gonna miss Texas Longbow Championship, and haven't been able to locate this years stand location on new lease. The good news is that they think they got all the cancer so I'm blessed.
                            Oof! Yep, surgery in general sucks... Throw the "C" scare on top of that just makes it worse. I was dreading if pathology came back positive and they had to turn around and get the other half.

Hope your recovery goes well Chuck.

Comment

Thanks Scott, and best wishes to you on your recovery ! I should be back to shooting in time to get ready for the Liberty Hill shoot. Happy to hear that your biopsy was negative !

Comment

Working...
                              X