No announcement yet.

Pat Mayse- Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate when they close it down. It's always during really opportune weekends. Good thing is for this hunt they can only shoot does and un-branched bucks. So the big <13"s get to live to be hunted for the rest of the season.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by public View Post
      Why is the WMA closed - some type of hunt?
      yeah they have it closed for a draw hunt. its so the rifle people have a chance to get out there and bag a deer..but from the success rate ive seen the majority of them just sit in a tree all day. Think last year there was a 13% success rate

Comment

Well this thread has got some age on it but I say we start it back up. Any of you guys started your scouting yet? And did anyone have any success last year? I plan on going out next weekend and doing some scouting and dropping off a couple of trail cameras. Kinda hard to believe we only have a little over 3 months until season opens back up.

Comment

hey 11b yeah time is flying which i am a fan of. I am jones to get back into the woods with the bow and chase whitetails. Pay mayse is going to be a spot i hit up for sure again this year. Maybe camp out there opening weekend and see what i can find.

Comment

If the wife will let me I might try to do some camping out as well. Not sure if it will be opening weekend or not but we will see. Still doing research on the topi maps and trying to get a better grasp at reading them and looking for more promising places instead of wasting time looking at places that aren’t any good. Goal this year is to get a buck. Got a doe last year and that was it, but hell if all I get is another doe I’ll for sure take it.

Comment

Meat is Meat in the freezer. I will take a doe every year and mark that as a WIN!!!

Comment

A doe is definitely a win in my book! Good thing is that my wife didnt grow up around hunters or eating deer meat so the first time she ever had backstrap was thanks to me and now instead of her giving me crap about deer season, she is all about me going out and bringing home some meat lol. I did pick up 3 new game cameras today so I get to add that to the arsenal. Didn't get a chance to go do any scouting this weekend but will be out there next weekend and will be setting up cameras.

Comment

I will be getting out there in the next week or two. Are y'all scouting corps or WMA? I imagine that this season will produce some nice deer around pat mayse. At least I hope for us! lol

Comment

I sure do hope so, especially with as much time as I’ve already spent scouting out there. I’m just scouting the WMA land. I’ve seen does, doe beds and a lot of hog sign. Put up my trail cameras and now I’m just waiting on those while scouting other areas.

Comment

ANyone else done some scouting out there? I've been checking the trail cameras and I've got some decent bucks on camera and quite a few does. Going to check out a few more spots and I should have a pretty solid plan for this season.

Comment

hope that this works. I'm attempting to post some pics of what I've gotten so far
                        Attached Files

Comment

nice! good lookin deer.

Comment

Yeah! I just hope they stick around into the season. some of them are in easy to access locations and some are 1.5 miles back in there ha. Going to be an interesting season I think

Comment

Where is this so I don't stumble on your spot? haha jk. I have a decent spot on WMA I might head back too this season. Not sure though, I might just stick to my corps land side. I hope you get some good ones this year 11B.

Comment

Nice looking deer bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X