Jumped Into The Pellet Grill Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumped Into The Pellet Grill Game

Man, all I can say is why did I wait to long. It was no work and the product was just amazing..

I ended up with a Camp Chef LUX (the biggest model the make) I went with that brand for the features but also for the deal I got on it.

Tonight was the first smoke.. 3-2-1 Ribs.. Man.. Totally happy..

I bought a pork butt and chicken to do this weekend as well.

Dang those look good!! How was/is the smoke flavor on them??
    Last edited by Pedernal; 06-23-2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Yummmy

Comment

If you don't mind me asking where did you purchase and how much? I've been seriously eying them, but reviews seem to be all over the place for the mid-priced ones. Have been leaning towards spending the money on a Rec-tec, but then I wonder if I shouldn't just save up for a Yoder.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          Dang those look good!! How was/is the smoke flavor on them??
          Fantastic.. Better than my Bradley smoker which I can now sell..

Comment

That's a nice setup. I like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
              If you don't mind me asking where did you purchase and how much? I've been seriously eying them, but reviews seem to be all over the place for the mid-priced ones. Have been leaning towards spending the money on a Rec-tec, but then I wonder if I shouldn't just save up for a Yoder.
              Unfortunately I'm not a good reference for that. I have a relationship to the company and got it on a deal. The RecTec looks pretty heavy duty. I'd say the Camp Chef is middle of the road on thickness. But the customer service is dang amazing.. I had one minor adjustment and had to call them, they walked me through it, took all of 2 minutes, and for my trouble they INSISTED on sending me a bag of pellets. Thats the kind of business I like.

Honestly, if I could do it again I would consider buying the Cabelas model (camp chef makes them) and then you have that lifetime warranty..

Comment

I have the DLX model. Been pretty happy so far. I really wanted the RecTec but wasn't sure if I'd like the pellet pooper. I'll probably be selling this one in a year or so and upgrading to the rectec.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

With the yoder you can get it hot enough to cook steaks. I've even wood fired a few pizzas on mine.

Comment

Green Mountain Grill is similar to Traeger, but much better quality did a lot of research before we decided and totally love it.

Comment

I think you should've saved up for a Yosef too. They are bad arse and worth every cent.

Now a big question is what brand pellets do you use? B&B for me only

Comment

The LUX got up to 475.. I cooked hambergers on it. Took 20 minutes.. Fantastic

Comment

I love mine. I also can't believe I didn't get one sooner. I had to go with the Smoke Pro SE basically because I couldn't afford anything like the Traegers or Cabelas. Looking at reviews, it seems to rate up there with a lot of the more expensive brands. Gets up to 500 degrees and can smoke at as low as 160. Has an ash clean out underneath that make cleaning easier than others I have seen. Hopefully it will last me a while.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
                              I love mine. I also can't believe I didn't get one sooner. I had to go with the Smoke Pro SE basically because I couldn't afford anything like the Traegers or Cabelas. Looking at reviews, it seems to rate up there with a lot of the more expensive brands. Gets up to 500 degrees and can smoke at as low as 160. Has an ash clean out underneath that make cleaning easier than others I have seen. Hopefully it will last me a while.
                              That's the one I'm shootin' for too. Good price. Great reviews.

Comment

Working...
                              X