Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck to the noooooooo

Comment

If I was just gonna take a quick drive to see if a saw one I wouldn't, if I planned on being out for a while I'd call just to give a heads up..

Comment

no!

Hunt way too often at night to call a warden in each county when we hunt

Comment

Leave the spotlights at home. NVGs and thermal scopes. Nobody knows I'm there, including the pigs...

Comment

My GW is aware that I pig hunt at night on our place a lot. I let him know that I’m typically hunting 2-3 nights a week. He appreciated me letting him know.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
              No reason to call the police to inform them you won't be speeding on your way to work.
              +1 Suppressed + NV is the way to do it anyway

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                Thx for replies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                For some reason i think he live down by where you hunt?

I'm most likely wrong since my wife's not here :-)

If you find his number can you text it to me?

I'm. To lazy to look for it myself.

Comment

We always do.

We've got a ton of poachers and a very active GW. So, it's always best for us to make his aware we are out there at night.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                    No reason to call the police to inform them you won't be speeding on your way to work.
                    Not even remotely an apples to apples comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You are better off calling and letting him know what you plan on doing. If someone calls him in the middle of the night to investigate a possible poacher, he's going to be ****** that he had to get out of bed and come find you just to find out that you were doing nothing wrong, when a simple phone call would have allowed him to stay in bed and sleep.
                      At least that what my GW has told me.

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

No, but I'm a bow only guy. If I was on a pig-killin mission w/ rifle during deer season, I might think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Squattingcoyote View Post
                          I was out shooting pigs one night. Full moon, cold. Real good night. Warden announced himself and walked in on me and said he'd been watching me. He had a PVS-14 and was rigged out for serious work. We chatted a bit and wound up walking around checking the rest of my corn for hogs and he let me use his IR. Since then I'd always text and say something like "I just pulled of ***** road with my headlights off and gonna be hunting tonight and he'd reply "I know, Just saw you".... Got my own night vision after that too!
                          That’s pretty cool

Comment

Originally posted by Problem Child View Post
                            You are better off calling and letting him know what you plan on doing. If someone calls him in the middle of the night to investigate a possible poacher, he's going to be ****** that he had to get out of bed and come find you just to find out that you were doing nothing wrong, when a simple phone call would have allowed him to stay in bed and sleep.
                            At least that what my GW has told me.

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android
                            It still doesn’t make any sense for me to call him. I’m always shooting at night. It’s one of my favorite times to shoot my pistols at targets. Do I need to call that in also? One or two shots from an AR is not that big of a deal if I’m shooting hogs. Every time I kill a coon or a possum, do I need to call that in also? What about the armadillos I shoot at night? Do y’all see where this is going? If have to call the warden every time I discharge a firearm at night...I lose a lot of freedom.
                            Last edited by Shinesintx; 11-07-2017, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X