No announcement yet.

Crappie withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These little pop up storms are killing me.
    Three afternoons in a role I have been run off the lake.
    Goes from dead clam to Gail force winds in a matter of minutes

Comment

But are you catching anything between the storms? I've been wondering how these popcorn storms have been affecting the bite.
      Originally posted by Buff View Post
      These little pop up storms are killing me.
      Three afternoons in a role I have been run off the lake.
      Goes from dead clam to Gail force winds in a matter of minutes
      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Getting a little better! Some big girls came out to splash in the water today! They all still splashing. Didn't get to join the cooler party![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
          But are you catching anything between the storms? I've been wondering how these popcorn storms have been affecting the bite.

It has been really slow the last week. Lots of fish on the brush piles but hard to get them to bite

Comment

Slew
            Do you just throw a bag of ice in the bottom of your cooler then pitch the fish in on top of it ?

I’m having a hard time getting them to live in the live well on this 100 degree days

Comment

Going in the morning. Rayburn bound hopefully they will get a little bigger

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                Slew
                Do you just throw a bag of ice in the bottom of your cooler then pitch the fish in on top of it ?

I’m having a hard time getting them to live in the live well on this 100 degree days

Quit using the livewell! It's gonna be slimed shut before long! Mine gets used tourney day and never put anymore than 8 fish in there. Rest of the time it's cooler on ice. Small bag of ice. Toss first limit on ice then pull bag on top of fish and throw second limit on top. Usually have to add ice later on if we don't clean the fish at the ramp!

Comment

I still haven't made it to the lake, hopefully I'll make it to Lake Fork soon. I don't have a clue where to go to catch crappie. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Headed to Ray Bob in the morning. Been a few weeks. Hoping they are out deep on brushpiles by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck TS. Let us know how you do.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

Will do. Last time I was out there I wore the dinks out.

Comment

Has anyone used the Humminbird Smartstrike mapping software? If so, what do you think about it? Are their predictive fishing hot spots accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

Well, got there at day break and caught about 60 before 11am. All dinks but 6. That lake is dink city last couple years. Guess I’m gonna have to figure Fork out.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                                Well, got there at day break and caught about 60 before 11am. All dinks but 6. That lake is dink city last couple years. Guess I’m gonna have to figure Fork out.

Go launch at buck creek and fish timber in 18' plus! Minnows will help and keep on the move. Same pattern for Fork. Find em on trees. Catch a few aggressive fish and move on!

Comment

Working...
                                X