Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truck stuck in national forest, tow company?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck stuck in national forest, tow company?

Like Title says, my truck is stuck on forestry road in Davy Crocket national forest. I was turning around in the middle of the road, and went into ditch. The front end sunk down, not enough traction in rear. I made it worse, so sitting on frame.
    Are there companies that will come pull me out? Never had this before. The **** come-along broke/hung up and I can’t get it off/tension off. So I’m also being a a@&hole blocking part of road.
    This happened late, I’ve been trying to get it out. Just trying to get ideas so I can fix it ASAP before someone get mad about road.

936-240-1774
    Phone number to the nearest tow truck. Don’t see why they wouldn’t come get you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll check with them, thanks. I’m afraid as rain get worse, the
      Mud will worsen, and tow truck won’t be able to make it down there.

Comment

Most tow trucks are dually trucks, don’t think they’d have much of an issue. If you posted this Saturday I’d come pull ya out. Hope they get you taken care of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You may be able to get it out with a tractor.

Comment

Invest in a larger wench trust me it’s worth it

Comment

Look at North Texas off road recovery on facebook. They probably have something similar in that area. Will get you out for free or for very little money.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Look up Houston Off Road Recovery on Facebook, those guys live for stuff like this.

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
                  Invest in a larger wench trust me it’s worth it
                  Does she simply sit in the bed of the truck for added weight/traction?

Hopefully, you've made it out by now. The local Game Warden will also pull you out; I know from personal experience

Comment

[QUOTE=Sackett;13731107]Does she simply sit in the bed of the truck for added weight/traction?

Lmao.

Comment

Better idea of location and someone on here might help

Comment

Did you get out? I'm a member of the Houston area off road recovery on Facebook. If you are still there log onto the sight and post a location, someone will be in the area most likely. Growing up the woods of east Texas I learned early on that a winch is needed. I have my truck set up where I can use the winch either from front or back.

Comment

If you're still stuck, and in Houston County, I'm in Crockett. Shoot me a PM with your cell number. I'll help you get out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                            Does she simply sit in the bed of the truck for added weight/traction?

Hopefully, you've made it out by now. The local Game Warden will also pull you out; I know from personal experience

Comment

I’m on 558A. You turn on 227 in ratcliff, then take first road on the left. I’m still there. Trying to get chain come along right now. I hate to take up somebodies time, be inconvenience.

I let the warden know this morning i was stuck and trying to get it out. He didn’t bring up pulling me out, however I did t ask.
                              Last edited by JasonS; 10-25-2018, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X