Safety or no safety on a carry pistol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    Sitting out in the open isn’t legal anyway.
    Yep If I see it and not carried per the law there could be a problem.

Comment

Guns without safeties are like balconies without railings. Don't go near the edge and you have nothing to worry about. And besides, if there was ever an emergency like a fire when you needed to get out fast, the railing is just going to slow you down!

It's all part of the marketing fantasy that you're going to be the hero of the gas station. You're "Ready". But unless you work behind the counter at a gas station or live in a sketchy part of town, it's probably going to be several lifetimes of EDC before the moment you're Ready (TM) for comes. And in the meantime if you carry chambered without a safety over the course of several lifetimes you're going to eventually shoot yourself in the ***.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
        Yep If I see it and not carried per the law there could be a problem.

Shall not be infringed, except when the popo wants to. hmmm......

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
          Shall not be infringed, except when the popo wants to. hmmm......
          Interesting isn’t it.

Comment

Safety or no safety on a carry pistol?

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
            Guns without safeties are like balconies without railings. Don't go near the edge and you have nothing to worry about. And besides, if there was ever an emergency like a fire when you needed to get out fast, the railing is just going to slow you down!

It's all part of the marketing fantasy that you're going to be the hero of the gas station. You're "Ready". But unless you work behind the counter at a gas station or live in a sketchy part of town, it's probably going to be several lifetimes of EDC before the moment you're Ready (TM) for comes. And in the meantime if you carry chambered without a safety over the course of several lifetimes you're going to eventually shoot yourself in the ***.

Funny the only gun I’ve had a ND with is a 1911 with all of its safeties.

I’ve been carrying guns with no manually operated safety daily for 12 years and haven’t shot myself in the *** yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I carried a 1911 cocked and locked with the grip safety pinned for a lot of years.. Never had the safety slow me down and since the safety came off as the weapon came to point I doubt anyone I might have been shooting at would have heard the sound over the hammer fall.. [emoji16]

Nowadays I carry a Glock 30S..

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                Sitting out in the open isn’t legal anyway.
                I posted that on the first page and everybody ignored it .

Comment

I wonder how that would play out in court... Licensed to carry individual arrested for having their handgun laying on their console while driving. Leo said... but, but I could see it....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I carry either a Glock 43 or 19 99% of the time...no safety for me.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                      I posted that on the first page and everybody ignored it .
                      Yep. Could cause a person a lot of trouble and a criminal record

In today's world LEO'S take this very serious.

It's stupid not to carry correctly when it is so easy.

a-1) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun in a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the persons control at any time in which:
                      (1) the handgun is in plain view, unless the person is licensed to carry a handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and the handgun is carried in a shoulder or belt holster;

b) Except as provided by Subsection (c) or (d), an offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

Comment

It's stupid not to carry correctly when it is so easy.

a-1) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun in a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the persons control at any time in which:
                        (1) the handgun is in plain view, unless the person is licensed to carry a handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and the handgun is carried in a shoulder or belt holster;

b) Except as provided by Subsection (c) or (d), an offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
                        And I will tell you that if I were on the jury for that trial and that were the only charge, you'd play hell getting a conviction.

That section is a hold over from the CC law and I doubt that it would stand up under review on its own merit.

I don't want to be the test case, but I'll bet that if you start busting licensed carriers for that alone. You'll have that test pretty soon..

Back in the day we called those kind of laws... GOTCHA or probable cause tools... not to be enforced on their own, but a great addition as a gotcha..
                        Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 09-16-2018, 12:42 PM.

Comment

[/COLOR]
                          Good to know LEOs take restricting constitutional rights that they "swear" to uphold seriously. Just like many say they would never ever confiscate law abiding citizens guns/property but they tend to seize people's money without recourse and many people's firearms after Katrina, of which most have been "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                            Good to know LEOs take restricting constitutional rights that they "swear" to uphold seriously. Just like many say they would never ever confiscate law abiding citizens guns/property but they tend to seize people's money without recourse and many people's firearms after Katrina, of which most have been "lost"

How are they restricting anything? The law posted above clearly states what is prohibited.

I don’t like it either but currently, that is the law. They are bound to enforce the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              How are they restricting anything? The law posted above clearly states what is prohibited.

I don’t like it either but currently, that is the law. They are bound to enforce the law.

What if an oath to uphold the Constitution contradicts the the law they are bound by?

Also, how is getting fined or arrested for carrying a legally owned pistol in your vehicle not being restrictive?

I get that it is the law, but law enforcement has a history of, "just enforcing the law" when the laws are contrary to the Constitution. As has been proven by history, the defense of "just doing my job" doesn't remove the responsibility of ones actions.

Nazi Germany, Separate but Equal, now seizure of property, etc. Just cause it is the law doesn't make it right

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                                And I will tell you that if I were on the jury for that trial and that were the only charge, you'd play hell getting a conviction.

That section is a hold over from the CC law and I doubt that it would stand up under review on its own merit.

I don't want to be the test case, but I'll bet that if you start busting licensed carriers for that alone. You'll have that test pretty soon..

Back in the day we called those kind of laws... GOTCHA or probable cause tools... not to be enforced on their own, but a great addition as a gotcha..
                                Looks like you got your panties in a wad....

If they are licensed they should know the laws and obey them.

I am pretty sure many have already been arrested for that charge.

I did say COULD and not would.

I'm out!

Comment

Working...
                                X