No announcement yet.

Euro in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man this is an awesome thread learned a lot. I have several skulls I need to do but haven't had to time to boil

Comment

I will try water maceration next time. Boiling method is good because it eliminates any smells. Maceration without water stinks up your backyard and attracts all kinds of critters.

Will the Satin Polyurethane work? I am having a hard time finding a no gloss (flat) Polyurethane.

Which polyurethane works best for ya'll without bone discoloration?

Comment

I just threw a fox skull in the stew today.

We will see how it goes. I boiled a badger skull the other day to save time... and was unimpressed.

Comment

I finished another today

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392673293.294165.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	24288096

Comment

Guys I checked my skull that's been in water and rid -x for little over a month. Most if it is clean except some of the brain stuff in the skull and some stuff in the eye sockets. Should I remove and pick/ cut this stuff out or let it sit in water a week more?

Thanks

Comment

Hello. Anyone there. Can u hear me now?

Comment

Originally posted by CoolArrow View Post
                Hello. Anyone there. Can u hear me now?
                No idea Man. I put an 8 point in Ridex around the middle of January (hide and all) and an axis just over 4 weeks ago. I put them in buckets inside black trash bags but it can still smell them every time I go to the barn . I'm scared to open the bags and check on them !

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
                  No idea Man. I put an 8 point in Ridex around the middle of January (hide and all) and an axis just over 4 weeks ago. I put them in buckets inside black trash bags but it can still smell them every time I go to the barn . I'm scared to open the bags and check on them !
                  I've always removed the hide, eyes, brain, and as much meat as possible and the smell is unbearable. I can't even imagine what it must smell like with the hide and everything else rotting away.

Comment

[ATTACH]607757

I took skull out of bucket today and removed a few pieces of membrane , rinsed it and putting peroxide bleach tomorrow. Hope it comes out as nice as y'all. Awesome thread . Thanks for posting
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CoolArrow View Post
                      [ATTACH]607757

I took skull out of bucket today and removed a few pieces of membrane , rinsed it and putting peroxide bleach tomorrow. Hope it comes out as nice as y'all. Awesome thread . Thanks for posting
                      Looks good!

Comment

Looks good

Comment

I finished a fox and a Javelina today. I threw in the broken arrow that shot the javi just for a little something different.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

i may have to give this a try on my next skull. just dropped a hog head off with guy outside of Ft Worth to do it. Charges $80. I think that may be worth it to not have to deal with the smell!

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
                                i may have to give this a try on my next skull. just dropped a hog head off with guy outside of Ft Worth to do it. Charges $80. I think that may be worth it to not have to deal with the smell!
                                I've only done one deer head and I think it came out pretty good. I ended up boiling it instead. 2 late nights in the garage with a propane burner, big stew pot, & plenty of beer!

Comment

Working...
                                X