No announcement yet.

Bad Boy Buggy Rebuild With Lithium Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tagged. I have a 2012. May try the same as you in a couple years. In for results

Comment

Any progress on this project?

Comment

Waiting on the Lithium Packs to be built. I found that EV Battery Center offered the best solution at about 2/3 the cost. They utilize Nissan Leaf battery packs and have amazing customer support. Once I get the pack I will fabricate a new battery rack under the front seat.

Looking for new rotors as the factory ones are completely covered in rust and pitted. As with every part of this Textron is zero help.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter74 View Post
          Waiting on the Lithium Packs to be built. I found that EV Battery Center offered the best solution at about 2/3 the cost. They utilize Nissan Leaf battery packs and have amazing customer support. Once I get the pack I will fabricate a new battery rack under the front seat.

Looking for new rotors as the factory ones are completely covered in rust and pitted. As with every part of this Textron is zero help.
          You would be wise to discuss this project with your insurance agent to see how it can be insured. Sure would hate to poor a bunch of money into it and loose it all if something malfunctions or it ends up in mexico

Comment

I have a titan utv that actually let you switch from 4x4 to 4x2. Either way drained the batteries quicker. I removed the front motor and gear box. The reduction in weight, resistance and additional battery doubled my travel time and have not got stuck yet.

Comment

I used EV Batteries for upgrading a 72 V Gem car. It was pretty seamless and easy to do. I have more range and the batteries will last 2-3 times as long, weigh less, and much less maintenance.

Comment

Still waiting for them to start selling complete packages again. Was told 6 weeks and that was about 3-4 weeks ago. Fingers crossed they start up again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter74 View Post
                  I will also be shedding 480lbs.
                  Must be a helluva diet. Seriously though, that's a cool project.

Comment

Working...
                  X