No announcement yet.

Golf cart engine rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope them pistons are already fitted to the cylinder and the rings already gapped. If not, google and youtube is your friend. Don't just throw them together without checking. Typically the ring gap is .018 to .025. If you place a ring inside the bore you can measure the gap with a feeler gauge. Be sure to put the ring back in the piston with the same side up as it came with, assuming it was on correctly to begin with. Some rings have a chamfered edge or a tiny pip mark that must be installed toward the top of the piston.
    Last edited by muzzlebrake; 01-20-2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      Hope them pistons are already fitted to the cylinder and the rings already gapped. If not, google and youtube is your friend. Don't just throw them together without checking.

Ill.check into it

Comment

Made a little progress

Comment

Got home from church and jumped into this deal. Little snag getting that piston in but not terrible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry I didn't take a ton more pictures but in all honesty there were not very many steps to this deal. I've never rebuilt an engine or in this case the top end of an engine. That said I've always been one to at least try new things especially when there really is no negative to be had. It was burned up so probanly nothing I could do to make it worse. If the lower end is good I'd encourage anyone to rebuild a top end. It's a very simple process. Tomorrow I'll mix some fuel and actually drive it around a little. I ran it only as long as the vid. Because I don't want to burn it up with straight gas.

Comment

Funny. I've got a cart like that and I've never added oil to gas...

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                  Funny. I've got a cart like that and I've never added oil to gas...
                  Start adding some ( 50/1 )

Comment

This was cool reading how you did the rebuild of the top end. I have not done a rebuild of small motors. Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Bohunter View Post
                      This was cool reading how you did the rebuild of the top end. I have not done a rebuild of small motors. Very cool.
                      It was much easier than I anticipated.
                      Thank goodness

Comment

curious as to why your adding oil if its not a 2 stroke?

Comment

Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
                          me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
                            It is a 2 stroke

Comment

Working...
                            X