No announcement yet.

Slow Drivers Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston area tried to enforce by issuing "Disreguard Posted Sign" but from my understanding all courts have thrown them out. Courts have stated impeding traffic will be taken but it is not possible to impede traffic traveling to maximum posted speed limit

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Houston area tried to enforce by issuing "Disreguard Posted Sign" but from my understanding all courts have thrown them out. Courts have stated impeding traffic will be taken but it is not possible to impede traffic traveling to maximum posted speed limit
      Impeding the flow of traffic by continuing to drive in the left lane is punishable by a fine of up to $200.

Comment

System- the shyster is a prosecuting attorney that does nothing but traffic law. I would imagine he may stay current on higher court rulings as apparently this made it there. I know this must be your area of expertise. The only violation that could be issued is "Disreguard Posted Sign". It didn't fly in court.

Comment

System- the shyster is a prosecuting attorney that does nothing but traffic law. I would imagine he may stay current on higher court rulings as apparently this made it there. I know this must be your area of expertise. The only violation that could be issued is "Disreguard Posted Sign". It didn't fly in court.
          Hes not very good at his job then.
          Sec. 544.011 of the Texas Transportation Code,
          Pretty ****in clear.

Comment

Look up Texas Penal Code 21.06. It is similar to this statue. On the books but will not pass the sniff test of higher courts

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
              Left lane is for passing, Texas state law.
              This

If you are in the left passing lane, someone may roll up behind you and start flashing their driving lights.

If you slam on your breaks to intimidate them they may have a dash cam and that would not go well for you

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                Funny how attitudes change as you age. I'm more than happy to move over and let you by even if I'm driving the posted speed limit. Like my dad used to say. "I'd rather have that fool in front of me instead of behind me."
                Always looking for a new point man myself

Comment

TTC 544.001 will require further definition and clarity before it could be enforced. That may come out in September for all I know

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                    Boom goes the Dynamite!
                    If a person is traveling at the posted speed limit it is not against the law to drive in whatever lane they want to. It is a courtesy to move to the right lane to allow another to pass but the legal violation would be impeding traffic and a person would have to go below the maximum speed limit to impede traffic. I checked with our prosecutors and they said there is no valid law "right lane for passing only". Said there is no set distance or time set for overtaking another vehicle therefore every vehicle could possibly be overtaking another vehicle.
                    Boom goes the real Dynamite LOL

Comment

These threads always crack me up.

IF you want to see some real idiot drivers, drive a school bus. It absolutely amazes me how people disregard school buses.

I could write a book from what I just see on my morning route and it would double in size if I included all the things I see while traveling for sports.

Comment

Honestly I'm usually with 5mph of the speed limit. It is aggravating how other drivers do sometimes but life is too short to get stressed over stuff like that. The speed limit at 75mph on the highways is enough. Past that my gas mileage suffers anyhow.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Pass them on the right.

Not sure how, there are only 2 lanes with 2 large objects in each.

Comment

Originally posted by refugioco View Post
                            Not sure how, there are only 2 lanes with 2 large objects in each.
                            I wait for an on ramp.

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
                              These threads always crack me up.

IF you want to see some real idiot drivers, drive a school bus. It absolutely amazes me how people disregard school buses.

I could write a book from what I just see on my morning route and it would double in size if I included all the things I see while traveling for sports.
                              I could only imagine what you see, last year some jack wagon in Floresville passed a stopped bus and struck a child getting on it .

It is always the same 7 or 8 people stirring the pot. I don't understand the rationale of coming on TBH to start chit. That "Sippy " thread took the cake though.

Comment

These threads just crack me up with MEN (lightly used term) thinking they need to get there 5 min. faster I like to just tap the brakes and get all worked up

Comment

Working...
                                X