Clear All

Interesting.. Might try this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech08 View Post

And I better get a phone call!!

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
        [ QUOTE=Atfulldraw;8556577]the real question is did they purge them or not?

Yes[/QUOTE]

For 3 days?

Lots of salt, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech08 View Post
          bet you will love it

Comment

We were just talking about this tonight. Have never had them this way but heard to boil for 7 minutes in clean water then put in cool seasoned water for 15 minutes then into the cooler.

Comment

Sorry if this is a silly question, but does Good Ole Boys sell the seasoning?

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                Ok I'm interested.....where they too salty? I've had some crawfish that were soaked in heavily seasoned liquid (not exactly like that) and they sucked in way too much salt. I'm talking about way too much salt and this is coming from a guy who puts Tony's or Zatarain's on everything I eat.lol

I'm interested in trying that, it sounds really good.
                You oughta try "Slap Yer Mamma" sometime

Comment

My 2 cents-

If you're doing several boils, this is a good way to do volumes of crawfish - but for the weekend warrior that is just boiling one pot, you should just kill the boil as soon as the crawfish are cooked by shutting off the fire and adding ice to the pot. (This does 2 things - prevents overcooking and helps the meat absorb the flavors.) Frozen 2 liter Coke bottles are nice because they don't dilute the boil water. If not - make sure you compensate for the dilution by just adding ice directly to the pot. You can also hose down the pot to bring down the temp fast.

Either way -When you add the seasoning to the pot isn't important at all as long as it's there when you kill boil and start the soaking. Goes for shrimp too.

Comment

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
                    My 2 cents-

If you're doing several boils, this is a good way to do volumes of crawfish - but for the weekend warrior that is just boiling one pot, you should just kill the boil as soon as the crawfish are cooked by shutting off the fire and adding ice to the pot. (This does 2 things - prevents overcooking and helps the meat absorb the flavors.) Frozen 2 liter Coke bottles are nice because they don't dilute the boil water. If not - make sure you compensate for the dilution by just adding ice directly to the pot. You can also hose down the pot to bring down the temp fast.

Either way -When you add the seasoning to the pot isn't important at all as long as it's there when you kill boil and start the soaking. Goes for shrimp too.
                    sounds like a good tip, and judging by your name.... Good ole boys cross street is FM 1463 at I-10

Comment

May have to give Good Ole Boys another shot, we went there last week and the mudbugs were small and 10% of the ones on the plate looked like they had been smashed along with wads of grass. I am usually not too picky but these were the worst I have ever had, maybe it was an off night so will give it another shot.

Went to Hanks on Hwy 6 and north of I10 and they were good.

Comment

Was that a Yeti sighting?

Comment

I boil about a 1/4 big pot with seasoning, oranges, lemons. once the spice breaks up i fill it with ice and cool the water down.

After I boil my bugs in seasoned water I then move them into the cold pot. Leave em in there for a couple of minutes then move them into the cooler. I don't know about best ever but most folks love mine and i've noticed a difference in the spicing since i started that a few years ago.

Comment

So no seasoning of the bugs before boiling? Just dump the bugs in plain water, boil, then dump them in the seasoned water?

Sounds interesting. I might try this while camping Memorial weekend.

Comment

Doing a bunch Sunday. Will try this

Comment

boil in clean water

I just learned this trick this year too ive always boiled in a pot full of up to $60 worth of seasonings and spices. then have to dump that pot out somewhere stinks and kills grass.

I just learned a way to boil in straight water then put in ice chest with seasoning and stir perfection. we don't fill with water before the crawfish excrete water from being cooked that makes enough water to move seasonings around.

also salt to purge 5 min before boiling is a myth. have to run in clean water for 12 hrs for real purge. salt kills them

Comment

Working...
                                X