No announcement yet.

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good, Ron. That entrance and exit strategy is a concern. How far back is your hunting area?

Comment

Camera 2:
      Set it up on well used trail that is north of a food plot with a lot of bedding areas around it. Still no scat, kinda crazy honestly, cause I know deer poop, just couldn't find any. Set up the mineral lick and threw more throw and grow. Best part about this area is that there are multiple trees to hang a stand from depending on the wind, just gotta figure out what trail they use to get in and out of the area.

Here's a pic from the camera angle, the brow liquid on the ground is the mineral lick:

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
        Looking good, Ron. That entrance and exit strategy is a concern. How far back is your hunting area?

Its almost two miles. There's a ridge on both sides, I ran outta time but when I go back up I'll probably try to bush whack my way to the ridge and pop over so I'm not walking in on a game trail.

Comment

Looks great ... I agree with 100%.. I believe the most important thing in hanging a new set is access... Over the years I have seen a stark difference in mature buck sightings from the stands that are cleanly accessible and the stands that are tucked in somewhere that u risk blowing deer out as u access..

Keep us updated when u check ur cams

Comment

Got these screen shots off of the videos taken at the pond. Looks like a few decent bucks coming through. Downside is that we didn't get but a few videos on the bigger bucks. Had some 3-5 pointers come in multiple times.

Comment

They look healthy BG.

Comment

Heading up this weekend with the wife nd do some final prep work. Hope to post pics when I get back.

Comment

Comment

Any age guess on him. 41/2 by this picture?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hard to tell from this angle. Judging from the legs to body size I'd go a little younger than that.

Comment

I would say 3 1/2 based on the body. Would like to see his head a little better. He should really be something next year! Impressive!

Comment

First good buck

First good deer on camera, planting plots next weekend. Not best pic, but it's in a field that we are planting this weekend and the camera is on the edge.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	24402922

Comment

That's a good one Christian!

The rain chances for look good for next week. I was at our ranch from yesterday thru this evening .

It was a productful weekend. We went ahead and planted 10 acres in the irrigated field and started watering it.. Hopefully we can get the rest in by Tuesday. I also did some more scouting and found a prime stand location on a natural funnel that leads away from our winter peas plot.. Went ahead and hung the set, threw some corn out, and set a camera.. We will see what happens.

Checked cameras as well. All the big ones are still accounted for and have now shed velvet. It's gonna be a good year!

The first 2 pics of are a buck we call batman .. He is 5 this year and definitely makes the shooter list, I was wondering when he would show back up. The other 2 deer are g1 and spike..

Comment

I think your right he's young, he will get a pass for sure. He looks like a 31/2 here. Will be a stud in 2 years
                              Attached Files

Comment

Love to see those bucks shedding velvet!

Comment

Working...
                                X