• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a good year for me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
      Can you explain how you are doing this? I have a couple in the barn and I don't want to shoot holes in the walls with a gun.

Fairly easy, I bought 24 gauge wire at Michaels for $2 (150 ft) & basically did what this guy did in the video except for my anchor point, I just hard wired to my fence brackets.
      After catching one, I just cut the wire at the anchor & dump the snare & rat into the trash.
      Then just make another replacement snare & catch again

Good luck

Comment

I took a yote in a snare yesterday at Richland Springs.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
          What animal digs the corner of the trap up? I have had that happen twice this week. Two different traps.

I also lost one Thursday night. A chunk of dirt got between the jaws and it didn't close all the way. It was an offset, so it doesn't close all the way to begin with.
          As said, this is usually caused by the trap moving in the bed. Get you some polyfil (pillow stuffing) at Walmart or somewhere cheap, to put under the pan. When you dig the trap bed make the wall straight as possible (not sloping) sift dirt over entire trap, brush enough dirt back to expose the pan, then press dirt in solid around out side of trap, until trap will not move when you press on it at any point. Sift and blend dirt to cover pan.
          This is probably the most important part of making a set, if the location is good.

Comment

I use fold in sandwich bags they come in 250 bags or more and work great for covering the pan!
            Gray fox love to dig up the traps! Just one of the things they do so set another one just a little to the right or left of the one they are digging and you will get them!
            Last edited by Archer156; 12-20-2016, 12:42 PM. Reason: added text

Comment

Dry cat food with a dab of shellfish essence oil.
              [ATTACH]832707[/ATTACH]

Comment

Luckily I can still shoot coyotes because this is what happens when I try and trap.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20161229_090406.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	24477815

Comment

Still trying. At least I get first night visits. I had two traps out both the same result.

Comment

300 Magnum more effective the number four long springs.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20161229_091321.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	24477816

Comment

I'm night latched, set the pan tension at 3 pounds, measured with a dumbbell weight. I am going to try and turn the dog towards the coyote instead of towards the hole now.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                        I'm night latched, set the pan tension at 3 pounds, measured with a dumbbell weight. I am going to try and turn the dog towards the coyote instead of towards the hole now.
                        I never understood doing that. Is there a purpose or reason for that?

Comment

I put out one last night and got activated probably by the pigs. I added another set and put a game cam on it to see what is setting them off. Hopefully this time is a coyote.

Comment

Here is today's catch

Comment

Trapping this year but no where to go with the fur. Am trying to just take yotes.

Comment

Looking good fellas..

Comment

Working...
                                X