No announcement yet.

Blood trailing with a UV / blacklight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ol' Coleman lantern is the best thing I have ever used for blood trailing at night. Really make the blood shine.

There used to be a chemical based product called Starlight Bloodhound that I used to help me find a liver shot doe one night. It worked great. Spray it on the ground in front of you and it would light up the blood. Very small drops were easy to follow. Any time I lost the trail I would spray it and easily found the trail again. I haven't been able to find it any more.

Comment

Sniper Hoglight's 40KAP headlamp....lights it up like a runway.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Sniper Hoglight's 40KAP headlamp....lights it up like a runway.

http://www.sniperhawglights.com/40KA...mp-p/40kap.htm
        Wowsers. Shines 600 yds!

Its like a tractor beam that mounts to your dome.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
          Wowsers. Shines 600 yds!

Its like a tractor beam that mounts to your dome.

It is legit and battery life is greatness!

Comment

Save you're money and get a good Fenix light or sniper hoglight and really pay attention where the animal goes. If you can't find your animal look up the local blood trailers in your area... here in Louisiana they are amazing and passionate. will show up any hour of the day/night to find an animal with their dog... give them a few beers and 50-100 bucks and they are happy!

Comment

Blood just looks black with an ultraviolet light. Blood absorbs ultraviolet light. You would need a product like luminol to spray it with to make it glow.

I think.

Comment

I have almost the same uv light I just got for work. Was wondering if it work on blood as well. Will be watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Blood just looks black with an ultraviolet light. Blood absorbs ultraviolet light. You would need a product like luminol to spray it with to make it glow.

I think.
                  I had a feeling this was necessary.

Comment

Working...
                  X