Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ol' Maverick.....Thanks for your service. Enjoy your retirement.....NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he knows he don't have much time left, so he just wants to stick around and be a royal pain in the *** till the end.

Comment

What a joke...so she stopped short of calling torture immoral.

Since when did a government that allows the genocide of millions of unborn set the standard for morality.

Pull the gloves off and let the dog of war end this mess...then we can go back to legislating morality (insert roll eyes here)

Comment

McCain needs to go home and call it quits.

Comment

Who ever doesn't like it can GTH...you first vato!!

Te juatcho...

Comment

He’s just another ruling class piece of filth. I’m ok with him retiring, but I don’t want him to enjoy a **** thing. His “whoever doesn’t like it can go to hell remark” is a spit in the face to every American that is tired of this Russia crap. Couldn’t verify if it was true so he felt it was his duty to turn it in? Go jump off a cliff you piece of crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Reckon them folks that voted for him last few times is regretting that choice. Dang guy keeps digging a deeper hole.

Comment

Endured a lot of torture representing the Stars and Stripes. Different views don't make him terrible in my book.

I thank him for his service.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                  You might be right.
                  He is right.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    I'd say that is true once he got into politics
                    I could not agree more. Been a odd last 10-12 years but I will not "throw shade".
                    Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                    Endured a lot of torture representing the Stars and Stripes. Different views don't make him terrible in my book.

Total agreement as there are no controversies surrounding his time in the Hanoi Hilton...that's more than most could ever expect in a lifetime. Easy to talk a big game when you never got off the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      **** McCain and dont call him maverick.
                      Call him traitor.
                      I always gladly do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                        Total agreement as there are no controversies surrounding his time in the Hanoi Hilton...that's more than most could ever expect in a lifetime. Easy to talk a big game when you never got off the bench.
                        I dont think you could be more wrong.

McCain had a unique POW experience. Initially, he was taken to the infamous Hanoi Hilton prison camp, where he was interrogated. By McCain’s own account, after three or four days, he cracked. He promised his Vietnamese captors, “I’ll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital.”His Vietnamese capturers soon realized their POW, John Sidney McCain III, came from a well-bred line of American military elites. McCain’s father, John Jr., and grandfather, John Sr., were both full Admirals. A destroyer, the USS John S. McCain, is named after both of them. While his son was held captive in Hanoi, John McCain Jr., from 1968 to 1972, was the Commander-in-Chief of U.S. Pacific Command; Admiral McCain was in charge of all US forces in the Pacific including those fighting in Vietnam. ..The Admiral’s bad boy was used to special treatment and his captors knew that. They were working him.For his part, McCain acknowledges that the Vietnamese rushed him to a hospital, but denies he was given any “special medical treatment.” However….two weeks into his stay at the Vietnamese hospital, the Hanoi press began quoting him. It was not “name rank and serial number, or kill me,” as specified by the military code of conduct. McCain divulged specific military information: he gave the name of the aircraft carrier on which he was based, the number of US pilots that had been lost, the number of aircraft in his flight formation, as well as information about the location of rescue ships…

McCain told his North Vietnamese captors, “highly classified information, the most important of which was the package routes, which were routes used to bomb North Vietnam. He gave in detail the altitude they were flying, the direction, if they made a turn… he gave them what primary targets the United States was interested in.” Hopper contends that the information McCain provided allowed the North Vietnamese to adjust their air-defenses. As result, Hopper claims, the US lost sixty percent more aircraft and in 1968, “called off the bombing of North Vietnam, because of the information McCain had given to them.”

”Several Vietnam veterans groups do solely exist to expose McCain’s abandonment of veteran’s interests as well as his lies about being tortured, including Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain and U.S. Veteran Dispatch. “
                        Last edited by batmaninja; 05-11-2018, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          I could not agree more. Been a odd last 10-12 years but I will not "throw shade".

Is that way his fellow POW's refer to him as Hanoi Song Bird?

Other theories are the reason he was captured is he disobeyed a no fly zone order and got shot down.

Another is he wasn't qualified to fly to begin with and his father pulled strings so he could continue his pilot career.

I'll "Thank" him for his service all day long but I'll also criticize him for not doing what's good for the country as a whole just because he has an axe to grind with the current President.
                          Last edited by Charles; 05-11-2018, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

Inside military and veteran circles it is widely believed that Johnny boy did not endure a lot of torturing. Guys that were in the Hanoi Hilton with him have a different story to tell. Pays to have a dad and a grandpa with stars on their collars. You can watch videos on youtube from back in the day with literally hundreds of veterans calling him out for what he did. His nickname is literally "Songbird Mcain" and a retired Army general even called him that live on TV not that long ago.

Comment

Hero worship is dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                                Inside military and veteran circles it is widely believed that Johnny boy did not endure a lot of torturing. Guys that were in the Hanoi Hilton with him have a different story to tell. Pays to have a dad and a grandpa with stars on their collars. You can watch videos on youtube from back in the day with literally hundreds of veterans calling him out for what he did. His nickname is literally "Songbird Mcain" and a retired Army general even called him that live on TV not that long ago.
                                What is the story on his arms? I understand the Songbird reference.

I understand what the General said, I have also heard that General say some other things ...

Comment

Working...
                                X