Interesting facts about the NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting facts about the NFL

- In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his eye-black to avoid glare, and made him take it off.

- In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.

- In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.

- In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure" eye black for breast cancer awareness.

- In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (Not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem...).

- In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.

- In 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression, all of a sudden... It seems quite clear based on these facts that the NFL has taken a position against any action by NFL players demonstrating RESPECT for any issue: For God, social causes such as mental health, cancer, domestic violence, for cops killed arbitrarily for being cops, for the Memory of 9/11...

But, they will allow demonstrations of DISRESPECT for our National Flag, our National Anthem, for America , and for the American People, if it will help mollify a particular Group and its supporters. That is who and what the NFL has shown itself to be.

AMEN Brother! VERY well said!!!Bravo!

Comment

I've had that thought process in my head already but when you list it out and can read all of those examples back to back it really makes an impactful statement.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

But its not about the national anthem or flag its about social injustice for the
        blah blah blah

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          - In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his eye-black to avoid glare, and made him take it off.

- In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.

- In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.

- In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure" eye black for breast cancer awareness.

- In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (Not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem...).

- In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.

- In 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression, all of a sudden... It seems quite clear based on these facts that the NFL has taken a position against any action by NFL players demonstrating RESPECT for any issue: For God, social causes such as mental health, cancer, domestic violence, for cops killed arbitrarily for being cops, for the Memory of 9/11...

But, they will allow demonstrations of DISRESPECT for our National Flag, our National Anthem, for America , and for the American People, if it will help mollify a particular Group and its supporters. That is who and what the NFL has shown itself to be.
          Many reasons why i wont spend 10 min watching it.
          Well put together list

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
            I've had that thought process in my head already but when you list it out and can read all of those examples back to back it really makes an impactful statement.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
            Undeniably so.

Comment

Stopped watching a long time ago!

Comment

Haven’t watched in 2 years and don’t plan to anytime soon. Remember each of those incidents but putting them in a list makes it pretty undeniable about where the NFL stands and why I won’t support them in any way.

Comment

Stop watching it.

Comment

What was Tebow's punishment ?

There is still no intent to DISRESPECT the flag when kneeling during the National Anthem. THE PEOPLE THAT CREATED THE PROTEST HAVE SAID SO MULTIPLE TIMES...

The other displays for worthy causes have caused change throughout the NFL as well. Athletes now have that opportunity.

Comment

[QUOTE=jer_james;13429344]What was Tebow's punishment [\QUOTE]

The same as Krapernicks.

They are not good enough on the field justify their distractions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Meh. I stopped watching because it became boring to me.

Comment

Not me - I stopped watching out of respect or should I say lack there of by the NFL

Comment

[quote=batmaninja;13429355]
                            Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                            What was Tebow's punishment [\QUOTE]

The same as Krapernicks.

They are not good enough on the field justify their distractions.
                            Did you see him throw a ball ?

Comment

Never cared for it, running with a ball past a line isn't entertaining to me at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X