Arrow Wraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Wraps

What is the advantages and disadvantages on arrow wraps? What is the best brand? Where do you locate them on the shaft and do they affect flight?

Any extra weight added to the back of the arrow takes away from FOC.

Comment

Put them where the vanes go on the arrow. Better adhesive for the vanes, essier to see the arrow in flight and easier to find if you miss. Does not effect arrow flight.

Comment

I like white wraps to better see what kind of blood is on the arrow.

Comment

Pros:

Easier to find
          Better vane adhesion

Cons:
          They suck when you have to refletch
          Add weight to back..( which is minimum and not enough to even consider imho)

Ones I've liked:
          1. Bohning reflective white with 3 orange vanes . They shine like a stop sign in the dark when a light hits

2. Orange with orange vanes. Early to find, nothing is orange in nature (in my part of world anyway)

3. Flo green with orange vanes. High contrast that's easy for my eyes to find

Hot pink is great too

I used white some but had a hard time finding as there is actually a lot of white in nature. And the blood was just as easy to study on orange

Comment

Do you think a lighted nock is a better way?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
              Do you think a lighted nock is a better way?
              Wraps are prolly about 5-8gr. Luminocks are about 20gr.

You'll prolly add less that 20gr total with a wrap and lighted nock.
              I like the white reflective wraps. You can pick them up on Ebay for about $5 / dozen. You'll almost never have adhesion problems with a wrap.

I just picked up a couple dozen of these since I'm going with a new arrow set up.
              Last edited by Traildust; 02-27-2018, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Check Onestringer arrow wraps. Many designs to choose from and they will custom make wraps to your liking. Been using these wraps for quite a few years now. Plain color wraps are very reasonably priced.

Comment

As mentioned vanes stick Better. Wraps come of very easily with boiling water or a hair drier.

Comment

I use wraps for several reasons. First of all they look cool and allow you to customize to your liking. I think a wrap makes it is easier when its time to refletch - just swish around in water that's on a slow boil and peel them off. No scraping of glue residue off the shaft. One downside is it can be difficult to replace just one - I just go ahead and replace all three. If high visibility is important get florescent or even reflective wraps. I get mine here:
                    Last edited by jerp; 02-27-2018, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Wraps on end where vanes are do help with visibility and can help when looking for your arrow after shot especially in brush or grass. IMO I don’t think they effect flight or performance of arrow.

Comment

I like them and put them on all my arrows. 20 years ago we just dipped are arrows in a paint tube to get the same effect.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2328.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	24531350

Comment

I have been using Onestringer wraps over 15 years. I have tried other brands but always go back to them. They are excellent wraps, they have great service and will make pretty much any design you want. If you don't see it on their website just email and ask. Plus they usually send 1-3 extra with each order in case you mess a couple up when installing.

Most of the pros and cons have been mentioned. One pro for me is when it's time to refletch if I am careful and don't glue a feather or vane over the seam, it is fairly easy to peel the wrap with fletching off all in one piece. This leaves little to no clean up on the shaft.

Comment

Well the fletching is already on the arrows, and I had thought about buying the 4" reflective wrap and putting a 1" band of it between the nock and the fletching. Then put the remaining 3" in front of the fletching.

Comment

Working...
                            X