US Embassy in Jerusalem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Embassy in Jerusalem

I don't typically talk politics, but I have watched this one out of curiosity. I am pro Israel and of our alliance with them. I have been there and enjoyed the visit immensity. Other than the struggles that country has internally with all the different factions trying to claim it, and this small group having an issue with the decision, what else would call for 29 something countries being against us recognizing it as the Capital city? What am I missing?

There is a politics and current events section, this would get a lot more attention over there..from both sides........

Comment

Its called anti-Semitism

Comment

The rest of the world thinks we are inciting violence. Clearly leaving it where it is hasn't solved anything either.

Comment

All those other countries love the muslims and hate the Jews and Christians.

Comment

We're taking names...

Comment

We shall see what they say when we remove our funding of the countries who want Israel wiped off the map.

In other words, they don't understand they are biting the hand that feeds them.
              Last edited by WItoTX; 12-21-2017, 02:16 PM. Reason: .

Comment

they're refusing to acknowledge Jerusalem as the capital in order to show that Trump is racist against jews.

Comment

"Forget" them. Jerusalem is the capital. Period. I havent seen a list of countries opposed, but if its the usual suspects their opinion has no value anyway.

Comment

There Capital is where ever the heck they say it is. The rest of the world can suck it. They give how many billions to these people they supposedly "oppress", which only goes into the pockets of the leaders of these "oppressed" people. All for what? To have rockets launched at them weekly.

If it belongs to someone else, someone else can go in an try to take it. Until then, it's Israel's Capital.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                      "Forget" them. Jerusalem is the capital. Period. I havent seen a list of countries opposed, but if its the usual suspects their opinion has no value anyway.
                      It was 128 against and 9 voting with us. There were 35 abstentions, including our closest neighbors.

The United Nations General Assembly on Thursday overwhelmingly voted to repudiate President Donald Trump’s declaration of Jerusalem as Israel's capital, calling his move "null and void," USA Today reported. The vote was 128-9 with 35 abstentions. However, the General Assembly vote has little to no p...

Of course, the only votes that matter on the question of where we put our US Embassy in Isreal is ours and Isreal's.

Comment

The process of moving the embassy could take years and puts the U.S. in compliance with Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995. Each president since the act’s passage has signed a waiver every six months while in office, keeping the embassy in the city of Tel-Aviv for national security concerns.

Even Obama was for it, well he said he was....

Former President Barack Obama declared in a 2008 campaign speech, “Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided.”

President Donald Trump will begin the formal process of moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem Wednesday and recognize the city as Israel's capital

Comment

Here is list of who voted and how they voted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

how is it that the UN sees' fit to hold a vote on where any country has their capital?
                            what a worthless organization, should kick them out of NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                              Here is list of who voted and how they voted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              That board looks like a big spending cut too me.

MAGA!

Comment

Working...
                              X