Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas?

Well looky there.... At what Trump calls it.. I bet liberals love this one LOL

The Promise:

"If I become president, we're going to be saying Merry Christmas at every store. You can leave (happy holidays) at the corner. ...Other religions can do what they want.”

Update November 29th, 2017: Trump wishes 'Merry Christmas' in annual White House greeting card

Gotta love the guy for not being politically correct.

Comment

ive never understood how saying merry Christmas was politically incorrect. I realize that "happy holidays" is more inclusive, but neither are politically incorrect.

am i the only one that thinks the whole "war on political correctness " is a non-issue. seems like pandering to the base on an issue with no real consequences either way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
      Last edited by texasnavy05; 12-07-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

[ATTACH]886852[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
          ive never understood how saying merry Christmas was politically incorrect. I realize that "happy holidays" is more inclusive, but neither are politically incorrect.

am i the only one that thinks the whole "war on political correctness " is a non-issue. seems like pandering to the base on an issue with no real consequences either way.

Well, until things like Christmas programs in school, school prayer, The Pledge of Allegiance and stuff like that. I think there is ample proof of the consequences personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
            Well, until things like Christmas programs in school, school prayer, The Pledge of Allegiance and stuff like that. I think there is ample proof of the consequences personally.
            is there some rule that says you cant say the pledge of allegiance? or have a christmas program? or pray in school?

Comment

is there some rule that says you cant say the pledge of allegiance? or have a christmas program? or pray in school?

At a whole **** load of schools, yes. Due to PC.

Comment

ive never heard of a school where students cant say the pledge of allegiance,and nobody can stop me from praying anywhere i want.

School Christmas programs...i honestly wouldnt care about them cancelling all of them. how would you feel about a school making your kid participate in a Hanukkah program?

Comment

so basically, you want it to go back to the good ol days when the only religion represented at public places was Christianity.

i would like that as well, but i also realize that this is a nation with religious freedoms, and their is a separation of church and state.

Comment

so basically, you want it to go back to the good ol days when the only religion represented at public places was Christianity.

i would like that as well, but i also realize that this is a nation with religious freedoms, and their is a separation of church and state.

Not going down this rabbit hole with you. You have already admitted that you are unexposed and unaware of what goes on outside of your bubble. I'll just leave it at that. Have a good day!

Just for the record, this country wasn't founded on Judaism.

Comment

Not going down this rabbit hole with you. You have already admitted that you are unexposed and unaware of what goes on outside of your bubble. I'll just leave it at that. Have a good day!

Just for the record, this country wasn't founded on Judaism.
                      i would actually say im just as exposed as anyone on here. being that ive lived in nearly every region of the U.S. in my adult life. and ive been in jobs/university where there are all sorts of cultures/religions/races. these experiences really opened up my eyes to things that were nonexistent in my rural youth life. but, yes, im unaware of the current trend of declining masculinity in the US and ill admit that.

i know you say it's a rabbit hole, but i think you're missing an opportunity to teach me something. yes, ive got opinions, but im always up for learning something new.

i understand that Christianity was a big part of our nations beginning. but, even the founding realized the importance of separation of church and state.

Comment

i would actually say im just as exposed as anyone on here. being that ive lived in nearly every region of the U.S. in my adult life. and ive been in jobs/university where there are all sorts of cultures/religions/races. these experiences really opened up my eyes to things that were nonexistent in my rural youth life. but, yes, im unaware of the current trend of declining masculinity in the US and ill admit that.

i know you say it's a rabbit hole, but i think you're missing an opportunity to teach me something. yes, ive got opinions, but im always up for learning something new.

i understand that Christianity was a big part of our nations beginning. but, even the founding realized the importance of separation of church and state.

Christianity was more than a big part. As far as separation of church and state, our laws mimics the teachings of the Bible. Think 10 commandments.

As stated before, not wasting my time on this with you.

Comment

The idea of separation of church and state is and idea to prevent the government from forming a national religion. It has nothing to do with schools.

BTW, I say Merry Christmas.

Comment

I've never thought of happy holidays as not christian, I always thought of it as a catch all for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New years.

Comment

Originally posted by BULL21 View Post
                              The idea of separation of church and state is and idea to prevent the government from forming a national religion. It has nothing to do with schools.

BTW, I say Merry Christmas.
                              a national religion would mean that government controlled places (like schools) would have a religious preference. doesnt it?

i say merry Christmas too.

Comment

Working...
                              X