Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixed Broadhead Opinions (Another Broadhead Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The QAD is a great head and is very forgiving, it’s a popular choice for good reason. They can be picked up almost anywhere with a decent archery selection and are affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From your list no doubt exodus. But like a few have mentioned ramcats are awesome. I've taken bison, sika, deer, and hogs with nothing but great bloodtrails. The wasp are very sharp and good but bloodtrail was not as I wanted. Same results from slicktrick as wasp. All good heads but ramcats just do it for me. Big cutting diameter and great bloodtrials. I will say that exodus are tougher and hold a very good edge after use. But always replace my blades so I continue to use ramcats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

My goodness an archery thread.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

check out the new swhacker razor series fixed blades. pay attention to the blade thickness compared to others. also be on the lookout for a durability test of their new heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            No sir but I’m hard of hearing.

Well, can’t be too loud if they work that good for you. What species?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ramcats flew straight with no tuning, couldn't get black Hornets flying well

Comment

Originally posted by Elite0429 View Post
                check out the new swhacker razor series fixed blades. pay attention to the blade thickness compared to others. also be on the lookout for a durability test of their new heads.
                I was looking at them, but they are they aren't available yet. I like the looks of the one with an 1.5" inch cut and 1" inch bleeders. Just wondering how it's flight will be.

Comment

Originally posted by jacoblopez View Post
                  I was looking at them, but they are they aren't available yet. I like the looks of the one with an 1.5" inch cut and 1" inch bleeders. Just wondering how it's flight will be.
                  I'm on their field staff and will be receiving a pack of the razor 252 which is the one you mentioned. Once I get them I'll be shooting them a good bit and I'll definitely give you some feed back on how they fly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Elite0429 View Post
                    I'm on their field staff and will be receiving a pack of the razor 252 which is the one you mentioned. Once I get them I'll be shooting them a good bit and I'll definitely give you some feed back on how they fly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                    I'll be looking forward to that!

Comment

Ramcats

Comment

My quiver until something drastic happens will always have a few Iron Will heads and a few Trypans.. Two best heads Ive ever shot. All depends on the situation.

Comment

I’ve always used G5’s. Done everything I’ve asked them to do so far.

Comment

Ramcats. Fly straight just like field points and cut a wicked hole

Comment

I will put in another vote for ramcat heads. They fly great and penetrate like crazy even with the bigger 1.5 cutting diameter heads. You will bend blades so if you want to re sharpen them you might choose a different head.

Comment

I like the Magnus Stingers 125 gr., they fly pretty true to my field points and make stuff bleed real good.

The Ranch Fairy has a good video on YouTube from a guy in Louisiana that sets up a pig carcass and tries all different static and mechanical broad heads. I thought it was very informative. Might want to check it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X