No announcement yet.

Seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prosper is building a great stadium / Natatorium / Banquet hall. I can't wait.

Allen is an awesome facility. They house a lot of sports, and a ton of other games.

I'm not as big of a fan of the McKinney stadium. It's big, but I believe the Allen field looks better.

Comment

There’s also embezzling of funds that still goes on to this day. And yes, even in TX.

Comment

Originally posted by texasair View Post
        Don't forget CY-Fair ISD in NW Houston, the stadium there is a twin for the Allen stadium
        with a adjoining coliseum and arena that rivals most major universities.
        True, but the CyFair facility serves twelve 6A high schools. CyFair is the third largest district in the state behind only Houston ISD and Dallas ISD.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
          Allen was the first to go "big." McKinney and Katy wasnt far behind. Now Celina
          CyFair was the first to "Go Big" with the Richard E. Berry Center...around 2006

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

Allen is an awesome facility. They house a lot of sports, and a ton of other games.

I'm not as big of a fan of the McKinney stadium. It's big, but I believe the Allen field looks better.
            Nobody is arguing that they aren't awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              True, but the CyFair facility serves twelve 6A high schools. CyFair is the third largest district in the state behind only Houston ISD and Dallas ISD.
              I was told this by a TBHer last week. I had no idea there were that many HUGE schools in one district. Definitely a sensible investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                The key word is upgraded. Sounds like y'all already have equipment.
                The playground needs new asphalt and the whole biz.
                Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                Allen, Mckinney, Katy football stadiums are ridiculous..

Now, Celina is breaking ground on an insane 24M dollar athletic complex.
                Allen has been passed up by those two. McKinney and Katy stadiums cost more. I figure not to be out done, Allen will put a retractable roof on next.
                Originally posted by flywise View Post
                So, they have the money for a 100m stadium and.probanly already made you buy enough school supplies for 10 kids and now want more money for upgrades....I'd be tempted to send a return letter with the words PIZZ OFF! in bold print.
                80 #2 pencils, 4 packs of map colors, 12 large erasers,...... you get the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                  Don’t get me started...could throw some $ toward school safety measures but the money was spent on recreation
                  Yep. It shows where their REAL priorities are.

Comment

People also keep forgetting that taxpayers voted for Allen’s new stadium and also forget that the old stadium could not seat enough people.
                    Allen is a powerhouse for sports.
                    The stadium is not what is taking up the budget this year. That is well paid off now. It is the new freshman center that is nicer than the main high school that just got finished being built.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                      People also keep forgetting that taxpayers voted for Allen’s new stadium and also forget that the old stadium could not seat enough people.
                      Allen is a powerhouse for sports.
                      The stadium is not what is taking up the budget this year. That is well paid off now. It is the new freshman center that is nicer than the main high school that just got finished being built.
                      The freshman center is ridiculous too! I've received 4 e-mails this week alone asking for some type of donations for things that I feel should be covered by our taxes.

Comment

CyFair was the first to "Go Big" with the Richard E. Berry Center...around 2006

wow! didnt know that place existed

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                          Nobody is arguing that they aren't awesome.
                          Allen routinely packs out their stadium. They have 6400 HS students, and this facility doesnt just house the football games.

Prosper is one of the fastest growing cities in America and plays their football games at a facility that was made when they were a 2A school. Parking spills over into neighborhoods, and standing room only is the norm. The new stadium will be the home to more than just a football stadium and will house 2 HS's.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            I was told this by a TBHer last week. I had no idea there were that many HUGE schools in one district. Definitely a sensible investment.
                            Fort Bend ISD has 11 5A and 6A high schools. Lamar Consolidated ISD has 5 or 6 6A high schools. Katy has nine 6A high schools. There are some big districts in the greater Houston Area.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

I live near enough to the stadium to hear the bands, announcers, etc., what other "tons" of sports are being played there? All I hear are Thursday and Friday night games. Usual HS football.

Comment

Football is the ONLY thing in the school that is profitable.. Think of the losses they take on all the other school sports (traveling, uniforms etc).... It's a non for profit until they stack 20k people in at $10 (+) bucks a pop on a Friday night. Nothing else in school districts do pay the bills like a football team.

Of course, i'm not actually sure how funds, tax dollars etc are allocated, but the above makes sense in my head haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X