Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxNurse View Post
    http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...k-gen4-recall/

Glock, too. oh no, the sky is falling. I have a Taurus slim. Never a problem and have never heard of anyone else having problems with them. Guns are mechanical things like cars. Every company has had their share of problems.
    If you've never heard of problems with a Taurus slim, you're not looking very hard.

Ike

Comment

Springfield XD?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
        Hi Points only for Ike!!
        Was thinkin something very similiar

Comment

I bought a Taurus 1911 Back several years ago for a truck Gun. I would put it against any other semi auto out there and would bet it wouldn't jam. I've shot thousands of rounds through it.
          I've shot every factory round out there just about through it along with screwed up reloads and out of specs loads etc. when I first started casting I had some bullets with a bad profile that kept swelling the cases when seated. We loaded about 200rds through a Dillon press before we realized we had a big problem. We tried shooting those thing in glocks other 1911s and other semis and that Taurus is the only one to cycle it. Every time my reloading buddy's screw up some 45s we just put them in a pile and every so often we will break out the Taurus and shoot them all up. It's our bullet puller for 45s. One day it may blow up or just fall apart but it's propably one of the least Picky and most reliable pistol I have ever seen.

As crappy looking as they are some of the most accurate sub compact pistols I've seen have been Taurus's.

If you mass produce product your going to have a recall its just a matter of time. Especially in this day in time when the market demand for things to be cheaper and cheaper
          Last edited by dclifton; 11-20-2015, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
            I bought a Taurus 1911 Back several years ago for a truck Gun. I would put it against any other semi auto out there and would bet it wouldn't jam. I've shot thousands of rounds through it.
            I've shot every factory round out there just about through it along with screwed up reloads and out of specs loads etc. when I first started casting I had some bullets with a bad profile that kept swelling the cases when seated. We loaded about 200rds through a Dillon press before we realized we had a big problem. We tried shooting those thing in glocks other 1911s and other semis and that Taurus is the only one to cycle it. Every time my reloading buddy's screw up some 45s we just put them in a pile and every so often we will break out the Taurus and shoot them all up. It's our bullet puller for 45s. One day it may blow up or just fall apart but it's propably one of the least Picky and most reliable pistol I have ever seen.

As crappy looking as they are some of the most accurate sub compact pistols I've seen have been Taurus's.

If you mass produce product your going to have a recall its just a matter of time. Especially in this day in time when the market demand for things to be cheaper and cheaper
            This just means it has a loose chamber, that's why the bulged cases fit. That is not a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Coacheddy View Post
              I think that is true of the semi-autos. I have several of their Tracker model revolvers that have never had an issue.
              Yep.

I'll do the the revolvers.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                This just means it has a loose chamber, that's why the bulged cases fit. That is not a good thing.
                I would agree it's not a tight chamber. But I'll keep running it.

Comment

I always felt like they sold out putting the locks on their pistols. There's too many others out there that are real guns...

Comment

I don't own a Taurus but know many that do. I always figured them to be decent guns

Comment

LOl, bashing is fine if you own one or have, then let 'em have it if it did not meet your expectations! Just bashing to comment from NO experience is too common on any site forum. There are "bad" experiences with many brands and those, like me, who comment due to good experiences.

I'm sure there are just as many who have NOT had problems. Over the years I've had a bad Winchester and even a Colt that had problems, but no reason to generally say they were trash. Like many of you, I've had a particular firearm I did not like for one reason or another but I did not dismiss the brand just for one bad seed. Again, I sold it but always told the truth if anyone asked why I was selling. IMO of course...

Comment

Anyone else get the outcome of this recall? I just got word on what happened to m 24/7 Pro, that had lifetime warranty. They can't send it back to me so they are sending me the new G2C with only a 1 year warranty. Less and less of a Taurus fan by the day..

Comment

Taurus...not even once.

Comment

Anyone know how ike’s Doing?

Saw he hasn’t been on for 8-9 months

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

I was thinking when I clicked on it that I haven't seen him post in a long time....

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

He’s still regular on IG

Comment

Working...
                                X