Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome job!! I knew you were gonna get something with her!!

Comment

I am very impressed with this bow. To take it out the box just yesterday evening and kill a deer with it this evening just shows how well it shoots! This buck came in to a red oak that’s dropping acorns. He was at 20 yards when I drew Sac and like most shots I don’t remember releasing the arrow, I just remember seeing the pink fletching going through him right where I was looking. A complete pass through to boot! Really appreciate the opportunity to hunt with her.... Can’t thank Mr Bob enough. I was shooting gold tip blems with some 125gr Kudu single bevel heads a friend gave me to try out. He was down within 60 yards. Here’s a few more pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good deal. Nice shooting. Congratulations.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Corey... I would like to pretend I am shocked... but I just can't. Congrats on getting it done sooner... rather than later

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Way to go, Corey!

Congrats,

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Attaboy, Corey!!
                Had to have been that fresh velcro strike plate I put on her for you.

Comment

I’m gonna tell y’all this bow just flat out shoots! I been at work for almost a week, I got to go home yesterday evening since my boat was in port for a couple days. I shot Sac a little while at my normal practice distance of 15-20 yards. Then I decided to step back to see what she could do. The next 3 shots were in secession from 22, 26 & 36 yards!

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like SwampGhost04.

Comment

Those would get it done.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Great shooting Corey!! You gonna buy one now?

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                        Great shooting Corey!! You gonna buy one now?

I almost feel like I have too lol

Comment

Sac and I took a ride 4 hours north to some public land. I found a cluster of persimmon trees dropping a mile in from the parking lot. Fresh rubs under them as well as lots of hog tracks! I hung my stand 20 yards down wind. About an hour later I spot a doe easing my way. She ended up getting my wind. Not long after I hear something coming from my right. Here comes a reddish blonde hog on the trail that passes right under the tree I’m in. He locked up when he hit my scent, then ran out towards the persimmon trees and stopped about 18-19 yards quartering away. I drew, anchored and released. The arrow flew great but hit about 2” left of where I needed it to go hitting him in the shoulder. Not very much penetration, he ran a little ways and stopped then trotted off not looking to hur, with my arrow still in him. I saw several more hogs but none in range. I got down at dark and took up his track. Not very much blood, never found him or my arrow. Not Sacajawea’s fault, she did her part

Comment

Sorry for the bum luck on the shot... but heck of a job driving 4 hours and picking a perfect spot.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Good deal, Corey! I was wondering the results of your travels! What reserve did you end up hunting?

I haven't found a single persimmon tree producing.. not sure what the deal is, but It's been pretty surprising..

Comment

Well guys I made another hunt with Sac on my home turf. Public land that the Deer herd has just continued to plummet. I haven’t seen a deer from the stand in over two seasons there. Despite the low numbers it’s all I have close to home so I struck out with a plan to paddle over a mile in my pirogue to a cluster of Nutall Red Oaks that I have been getting a few daylight pictures on my trail camera. So I struck out around 2pm and made the long paddle up the slough. It was very shallow with the pirogue dragging bottom most of the way. I had to drag it through a few spots that were dry but I made it to the spot I wanted to get to. It would be about a 500 yard walk to the tree I wanted to hunt. I gathered my gear and threw my stand in my back then heard an acorn fall hitting a limb on its way down. [emoji102]
                                Hmmm I figured I’d slip up from the down wind side and investigate. It wasn’t 40 yards in and there was a line Nutall oak dropping heavy with lots of deer sign under it. I decided it was a good idea to just sit here for the evening. I hung mystand in a double willow tree right on the drip line of the big oak as that was the only tree suitable. No less than 5 fox squirrels were in this tree throwing acorns to the ground. I figured these deer have to hear the dinner bell! Around 5:30 I see a deer and by golly it has antlers!!!!
                                I stand and get Sacajawea, position my feet and prepare for a shot opportunity. Slowly he comes in and stops about 17 yards from me on the other side of the oak but still facing me and behind a branch. I tell myself this Deer doesn’t know it yet but he’s about to be dead! Just be patient I tell myself. Shortly after he threw his head up, spun and bounded to about 35 yards stopped and looked back.....[emoji15]
                                I’m not sure if the wind gave me away or his senses told him to Run your about to be dead lol but nonetheless it was over. I was still happy to have just seen a deer on this place. I’m grateful for the opportunity to have this bow for a few weeks and very fortunate to have got to add some mojo to her with that 6pt. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X