No announcement yet.

Quieting Rapid Rails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Arrowsmith, used cane tips on my Rapid Rails.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cane Tips.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	24546263

Comment

Originally posted by Beleg View Post
      I agree with Arrowsmith, used cane tips on my Rapid Rails.

[ATTACH]915352[/ATTACH]
      I think that would make them quieter on the tree. But that has never been the issue. And honestly, I think leaving the metal exposed where it connects to the tree is a safety issue. It bites into the tree and bark better. That has never been an issue. The issue is when pulling them up into the tree, they spin and clank into the tree/other steps/small twigs/buckles hit metal etc. It like hitting two alum bats together in the darkness prior to a hunt.

I was thinking about the foam on the interior until the issue about trapped moisture. The last thing I want is the system to fail from the inside out while my 300# are depending on it.

Comment

I put one on, climb down, get another and climb up and put it on. Repeat for however many sections you have. Yes, they can make noise, but if you're mindful of the straps and buckle, it's usually not a problem. Honestly, I hunt public land with them and have never seemed to affect the deer or hogs coming in. I try and always get there in plenty of time before daylight for things to settle down after I get settled. But even when I go for just an evening hunt, I've had deer walk right by me within 10-15 minutes of getting settled.

Comment

Working...
        X