Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, thanks for the info.

Comment

Well I took my first deer (spike) last year on a spike and doe hunt. I didn't want to spend the money to have this done professionally, but will certainly try this so I will have something to remind me of my first kill. I'm sure my wife will kill me when she gets a whiff, but she also hates seeing that head in the freezer.

Comment

Do any of you put the aquarium heater in when you are degreasing? Or is that only when doing the maceration?

Comment

Originally posted by badkarma View Post
          Do any of you put the aquarium heater in when you are degreasing? Or is that only when doing the maceration?
          I leave it in... just clean it off a Lil first.

Comment

Great way to save some money.

Comment

All the meat on mine is gone except for the cartilage in the nose. How did you remove it without it taking off the nose? Mine doesn't want to disintegrate.

Comment

Originally posted by neuman32 View Post
                All the meat on mine is gone except for the cartilage in the nose. How did you remove it without it taking off the nose? Mine doesn't want to disintegrate.
                Maybe boil it

Comment

I've had good luck with either a pressure washer or an air hose.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Do you let the skull dry before applying the whitening?

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Do you let the skull dry before applying the whitening?
                      In my case yes, cause I still haven't whitened mine & it's been about 3 yrs

Comment

Started my first skull 2 weeks ago today. I was to lazy to skin the head or remove the jaw, tounge or eyes. Worked faster than I thought but I guess the heat made it go faster. Dumped most of the water today and added fresh water. I'll let it sit for a couple more weeks to make sure all the tissue is gone. Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1466470498.557595.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	24448902

Comment

Originally posted by Shurshot View Post
                          Started my first skull 2 weeks ago today. I was to lazy to skin the head or remove the jaw, tounge or eyes. Worked faster than I thought but I guess the heat made it go faster. Dumped most of the water today and added fresh water. I'll let it sit for a couple more weeks to make sure all the tissue is gone. [ATTACH]797047[/ATTACH]
                          That's gonna be a cool Euro

Comment

I messed up the nose bones pushing it down in the bucket. Live and learn.

Comment

For the guys they have done this, how do you get the rotten smell off the skull and horns? I shot a couple management bucks last year. I let them hang in a tree for awhile and decided to finish them off with this method about a month ago. It got rid of all the left over hair and meat and cleaned the skull really well. I put them in dawn dish soap last week and let them sit for a week. Just pulled them out and they are still rank. Also my horns discolored too where they were under water.

Comment

If the skull is clean outside, I'm guessing it's brain tissue inside that smells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X