Originally posted by Keo View Post
    smell is awfullllllll
    Just don't inhale...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Keo View Post
      smell is awfullllllll
      Originally posted by Bowtechlady View Post
      Just don't inhale...lol
      I'm pretty sure mine is ready to set in dawn to degrease.... But I keep finding excuses to not going out there and dealing with.. I know it's RANK!

Today was too cold

Yesterday was too sandy

Tuesday I was too tired

Monday I got home late...

When in all honesty I just don't wanna smell it

Comment

Yup took it out and dumped the bucket today.

What a stink!

Now it's soaking in dawn.

Pictures are graphic. Warning you can probably smell them.
        Attached Files

Comment

I added the heater and it looks like it is working somewhat but the meat is still on it, but the meat looks loose.

Question for you all, is your skull completely clean with no meat on it when it is ready or at some point do you pull it out from the brew and physically pull the remaining meat off or does it all just wash off with water hose? Earlier on, I did try the water hose but that did not help but the meat did not look loose like it does now.

I am waiting for all the meat to just fall off but it has not yet done that so maybe it is ready for the next step, I am hoping?

I am day 48 of my soak with water and rid-x. I added the heater at day 41.

Comment

Put in a pair of gloves and a sharp knife and cut the remaining muscle off the bone. I've used a single edge razor blade as well. Scrape any stubborn areas.

Comment

Day 48-removed skull from rid-x brew

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356305397.342062.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	24153072

Did some work on it

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356305483.742027.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	24153073

Now I put it back in brew and hoping it will finish on its own

Comment

Bowtech lady i just waited for the meat to fall off.. No scraping for me.

40 days now total

22 days in with the aquarium heater

14 days with rid x

Its now 4 days into the soak with dawn....
                Last edited by Coach W; 12-23-2012, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                  Bowtech lady i just waited for the meat to fall off.. No scraping for me.

40 days now total

22 days in with the aquarium heater

14 days with rid x

Its now 4 days into the soak with dawn....
                  Great! I have another to do. Should I just continue to use the same rid-x brew or start fresh?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtechlady View Post
                    Great! I have another to do. Should I just continue to use the same rid-x brew or start fresh?
                    You might add some more rid x... But if you don't have Any i bet the soup in the bucket will be fine... No need to start over to just get nasty again. But I've been wrong before.

Comment

Lol! I worked on the second one today and about half way done but had to stop. I will get it finished and in the brew and add rid-x. Thanks for all your help

Comment

This thread has been very helpful to me.

Comment

I had a doe skull I left in an empty corn bag with the top open for about two weeks. I didn't skin it or do anything else, maggots did most of the work. There was only a little bit of connecting tissue holding the lower jaw on. If I would have left it in there a week longer it would have been completely clean. The skull was nice and white too. The smell wasn't too bad either. The cold weather didn't deter them from making short work of it, it was about forty out and the bag was warm to the touch.

Comment

I have fun when I tell the neighbor kids to go check on the skull I have brewin! I giggle when they all dry heave and run away! Then I have to cover it back up, but it's worth it

Comment

I'll keep watching but not smelling

Comment

Looks good. I have buried the skull in the back yard and covered the antlers so the sun wouldn't bleach them. Works great and no smell as long as you don't pull it out too soon. After you pull it up, just rinse it with the Waterhose and start bleaching the skull.

Comment

Working...
                                X