Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QAD Exodus.

Comment

125 grain Ramcat Worked well on a bunch of stuff in South Africa.

Comment

This one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
          Already have. They look awesome, just alot of $$$ for a poor boy like me
          Even a poor boy won't skimp on his equipment on a hunt such as this.

Comment

Shoot what you hunt whitetail with....

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
              Even a poor boy won't skimp on his equipment on a hunt such as this.
              Thanks for the advice. Real helpful

Comment

i think Simmons sharks are making a 125 and a 135 gr now, give them a look.
                the vipertricks are a solid choice as well.
                another head i'm looking at for kansas is the magnus black hornet

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  125 grain Ramcat Worked well on a bunch of stuff in South Africa.
                  I have those. Looking at using them

Comment

Looks like a lot of nods towards various slick tricks

Comment

I second Doc May. 500 plus grain arrow with a silver flame is great choice. My arrow has stainless insert up from so it help get the foc up. Good luck

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Real helpful
                        I think it is.

Why would you invest time and money on a big game hunt, and then skimp on the equipment.

Hopefully you can find a taxidermist to mount the nilgai, for no more than $250, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                          I think it is.

Why would you invest time and money on a big game hunt, and then skimp on the equipment.

Hopefully you can find a taxidermist to mount the nilgai, for no more than $250, too.
                          It's a draw hunt, it's going to cost me more to get there than the permit cost. And I'm not going to be able to use a taxidermist, I will do a euro mount myself if I am lucky enough to get a bull. My equipment is fine, I'm just not willing to spend that much on broadheads at this time (they are very nice, and I'd love to be able to use them) I understand what you are saying, but a sharp broadhead in the right place will kill them just as dead. Thanks

Comment

I wouldn't even hesitate to use a Magnus stinger 4 blade as it's what I use to shoot big boars with and my buddy has killed 2 Nilgai with them.

Comment

It's a draw hunt, it's going to cost me more to get there than the permit cost. And I'm not going to be able to use a taxidermist, I will do a euro mount myself if I am lucky enough to get a bull. My equipment is fine, I'm just not willing to spend that much on broadheads at this time (they are very nice, and I'd love to be able to use them) I understand what you are saying, but a sharp broadhead in the right place will kill them just as dead. Thanks

When you buy a head like a iron will you can literally touch them up and re use them. You can’t say that for 90% of broadheads. So ya they are 33$ each but you can shoot 2-3-10 animals with them. They are cheaper in the long run

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                                When you buy a head like a iron will you can literally touch them up and re use them. You can’t say that for 90% of broadheads. So ya they are 33$ each but you can shoot 2-3-10 animals with them. They are cheaper in the long run

I know its an awesome head, that's been established. I just can't justify buying them at this time. Maybe in the future I will be able to invest in some, but for right now I'm going in another direction. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X