No announcement yet.

Disney $#*!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You realize what kinda rut hunt u could do in Iowa for that kinda money ????

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
      You realize what kinda rut hunt u could do in Iowa for that kinda money ????
      As much as his kids would like him to go on a Iowa hunt I bet they like Disney better.

Comment

Don’t support the libs.... period. They’re a direct assault on hunting enthusiasts

Comment

I've been doing disney since a kid, here are my tips and we've always done it cheap...like REALLY cheap...other than the year when we were able to get concierge level at animal kingdom lodge for $200 a night, which had a little buffet all day long and drinks and beers and cordials in the evenings...was the best time ever! But we haven't been able to come up with that deal the last 5 0r 6 years.

1. Stay on property and take advantage of magic hours. Arrive 30 mins early and you can hit the same attraction or 4 or 5 in the first 1 hour. If you're not a parade/firework person, then the lines at a lot of attractions go down a bunch. IMHO, it's better to get up early, hit park, then reload, (lunch, hotel, possibly nap) and then go to a different park in afternoon, then go to a nice dinner (off property, see post 2) and then stay up at the late after hours park.
          2. Get a rental car if you plan to use the park hopper. You can score a rental for $20 a day, just use economy if fewer than 6, and then you can drive around and go park to park very quickly as opposed to needing to wait on a bus or wait on bus to fill or sometimes having to go from bus to lodge, then bus to park...my worst experience ever was when we had 3 hours on last day and we spent the majority of it on a bus. If driving, you can bump over and be in next park in no time at all. My sister and her family does disney world several times a year (for the last 10+ years and had never rented a car), and since she went with us, she's never relied on buses again.
          3. Go to universal studios one day. It's a lot of fun.
          4. Food...We pack an empty cooler as baggage, and make a stop at a grocery store and load up on microwave breakfast stuff, sandwich stuff (for the hardcore disney people) and a lot of snacky stuff, and water, which you can bring into the park. I also make a booze run and get beer and liquor...it's really easy to put something in a water bottle, and you don't need to pay $9 for a beer... If you have a rental car, there are a lot of really great restaraunts around the parks, and it's worth it to me to pay $40 for a nice lunch for the fam as opposed to $60 at the park for hamburgers...
          5. Remember you can take snacks and food into disney world...don't buy into the plans unless you are really interested in overpaying for underseasoned and overpriced food.

Comment

5. If you're a beach family and have a car, then it's never a bad idea to spend a day on the beach...there are several about an hour away...I'm NOT a beach person, but I know a lot of friends who split the time between the beach and Disney.
            6. Disney has great bass fishing. We've done a couple guided trips thru the years...not sure if you can go unguided. Also, they have good coastal fishing, but the fishing for redfish suck, or at least it did 3 years ago, when we were only able to keep 1 redfish on a trip when we were really whacking them.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasHunter83 View Post

ADDITION: Download the Disney Map App and you can use your phone GPS to navigate around the park.
              Never thought of this before, but we always look at ride line times and if rides are down on the app...great advice!

Comment

We leave Monday morning for five days in the park. Went two years ago. It's not like six flags or anything. It's the cleanest best quality you will find. Yes expensive but it's all about making memories.

Go in with a good attitude (and maybe a flask) and you will have a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                  We leave Monday morning for five days in the park. Went two years ago. It's not like six flags or anything. It's the cleanest best quality you will find. Yes expensive but it's all about making memories.

Go in with a good attitude (and maybe a flask) and you will have a good time.
                  Flask and a couple of visits to the hotel room during the day will save you a lot of money thru the course of the trip!

Comment

We’ve taken our kids 3 outta the last 4 years and honestly it is one of my favorite places in the world when done right.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                      Oh, and pay the $160 or so for all of the pictures they take. You pay this when you reserve the meals. We did this and ended up with about 100 pictures. If you pay for the pictures individually at the park, it’s like $15 per picture!

If you book a meal with any of the Disney characters, expect to pay $50 a person for the meal.
                      Yes. Last time we paid for the memory maker deal and they just snap your pic and scan your wrist band. I think we ended up with like 200+ pics of our trip. After your vacation, the pics just show up under your Disney account online and you can download them. They really make it easy.

You're right with the character dining. My kids wanted to eat with the characters a bunch, which is why we paid for the dining plan; I couldn't believe how expensive the meals were there.

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
                        Never thought of this before, but we always look at ride line times and if rides are down on the app...great advice!
                        Yeah man, it was such a big help for us. We'd never been before and had no idea where we were going. That map uses your location services and tells you exactly where you are in the park. I just re-downloaded it for our trip this year. I haven't looked at it thoroughly yet, but from what I can tell, the app includes your itinerary and everything. You have your reservation times, Fastpass times, etc... all on your phone instead of walking around with printed paper like we did. for a couple of days..

Comment

Ive been twice...1st time was 5 nights and 2nd time was 6 or 7 nights.

probably cost me less than $3,000 for both trips combined. IT CAN BE DONE

I do not recommend taking kids that need strollers. You will be wore out and they won't remember. and strollers have to be parkd in a stroller parking lot at all restaurants and rides.

there are good tips on here...but im about making the best of my time. I STAY away from the parks with the Extra Magic time. Guess what....everyone on the properties are at those parks on those days. We hit the other parks because they are a little less crowded. We only ate one meal per day inside the park. with the park hopper...we left and came back after dinner somewhere else.

The meal plan is a scam. you are prepaying all the meals in advance. if you skip a meal...which is what they are banking on you doing....you will lose money. and it comes out to be about the same price if you pay as you go.

you can use a planner...but I don't think its necessary. I booked my own 2 trips and we thoroughly enjoyed it!!! cant wait to go back

Comment

Originally posted by SPUD View Post
                            Ive been twice...1st time was 5 nights and 2nd time was 6 or 7 nights.

probably cost me less than $3,000 for both trips combined. IT CAN BE DONE

I do not recommend taking kids that need strollers. You will be wore out and they won't remember. and strollers have to be parkd in a stroller parking lot at all restaurants and rides.

there are good tips on here...but im about making the best of my time. I STAY away from the parks with the Extra Magic time. Guess what....everyone on the properties are at those parks on those days. We hit the other parks because they are a little less crowded. We only ate one meal per day inside the park. with the park hopper...we left and came back after dinner somewhere else.

The meal plan is a scam. you are prepaying all the meals in advance. if you skip a meal...which is what they are banking on you doing....you will lose money. and it comes out to be about the same price if you pay as you go.

you can use a planner...but I don't think its necessary. I booked my own 2 trips and we thoroughly enjoyed it!!! cant wait to go back

Were you by yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Pics won't do the new avatar area justice. Our kids weren't tall enough for the big ride here so will have to hit it up next time. The standby wait time for the flight of passage was 4 hours![emoji44] we will be doing fast pass then!

Comment

Wear really good shoes. So much to see. So much walking. Allow more days than you think you need and enjoy it. Family memories forever.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X