No announcement yet.

The other 13 thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He'll scare the fiddies... Kinda narrow, but decent beams, loooong g's and good mass...

Comment

The third picture makes him look older with that blocky head and Roman nose. I bet he's at least 4.5, maybe older. As far as a score I don't know and wouldn't care. If I killed that deer I'd text pictures to everyone in my phone.

Comment

Aren't you disturbing the area and putting down scent every time you check the camera?

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
          Any one care to guess the score?

I got 138 and still think 3.5, neighbor says 4.5 and he has more history with it. Hard to age this time a year for me.

Here’s some better antler pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          4.5 or 5.5. 130s. I think I'm kind of rooting for the deer, I would like to see what he does next year..haha...if you post up the pics. good luck

Comment

Hopfully you get him this season good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
              Aren't you disturbing the area and putting down scent every time you check the camera?

The camera is on the fence row. I can walk up behind it and check it with out walking around into the woods on the trail. The corn is just 10 yards inside the woods from the field. My stand is on the same fence row 15 yards East of the corn and i climb up the back of the tree and end up on the inside looking over the corn.

No offense but If I was disturbing it, I wouldn’t be getting 200-250 pics a day of other mature bucks. 13 just isn’t there right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                He'll scare the fiddies... Kinda narrow, but decent beams, loooong g's and good mass...
                I stretched everything on one set of numbers and got him to the upper 40’s but who knows. I think he has big ears and is close to 15” wide.

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                The third picture makes him look older with that blocky head and Roman nose. I bet he's at least 4.5, maybe older. As far as a score I don't know and wouldn't care. If I killed that deer I'd text pictures to everyone in my phone.
                I agree. He’s a cool character buck and has been a tough one to kill. I’ll be pumped if i get him!

Comment

I think you have the score down pretty good...maybe a tad more to go 140. Looks like he's maybe a 4 year old. Rooting for you to get him!

This deer looks very similar to a 13 pt I shot this year.....same antler configuration.

Comment

Great thread, good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                      Totally agree. You know he is frequently using the area so why keep checking the camera? You are seeing bucks but obviously it’s been a cat and mouse deal with him So sounds to me like he may have you somewhat pegged. To me you definitely won’t hurt your chances and would likely help by only going in the area to hunt. Good luck hope you put him down he is really cool looking

Comment

Older than you think and mid 40s.

Comment

The other 13 thread...

Tomorrow the wind sucks so I’m not hunting here (going to my other place)

I just got permission to hunt basically a sanctuary across the road that I’m sure of is full of deer.

It’s mostly pasture, about 30 acres or so that backs up to 50-60 acres total of thick unhunted woods. Surrounded by houses.

Neighbors seen 13 come from there on the 5th. I set a cam and corn just inside the woods on a group of trails leading to the field and will see if that is where he is hiding. I have a feeling it is.

First time i go back I’m just gonna hunt it that morning and see what happens.

Last edited by Hix; 01-09-2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                            Tomorrow the wind sucks so I’m not hunting here (going to my other place)

I just got permission to hunt basically a sanctuary across the road that I’m sure of is full of deer.

It’s mostly pasture, about 30 acres or so that backs up to 50-60 acres total of thick unhunted woods. Surrounded by houses.

Neighbors seen 13 come from there on the 5th. I set a cam and corn just inside the woods on a group of trails leading to the field and will see if that is where he is hiding. I have a feeling it is.

First time i go back I’m just gonna hunt it that morning and see what happens.

Good luck!

Comment

good luck!

Comment

Good luck hope you figure him out

Comment

Working...
                                X