No announcement yet.

Property Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine went up $65k last year on my house. I protested on line and got denied. Went in prepared and stated my case and mine was lowered to a $30k increase. Not perfect but didn’t have to pay anyone anything. Don’t know if a service could of done better or not. Never used one but I wanted to try it myself. If you have a valid argument, they generally give a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a current debate in the TX legislature about lowering property tax rates and raising the sales tax rate to make up for it. A good trade if you have a million dollars in property but not if you have a $200,000 home and a family. Call your representative and senator before they soak the middle class.

Comment

What's a good company to use in the Bell county area?

Comment

You should try first on your counties appraisal website first. I protested then for a guy at work and they dropped his 50k. When I did mine it only dropped 15k. They had our houses appraised allot the same price. The Tarrant county site shows you what comps they used.

Comment

Only way I know to win is sell it all and live on a boat.

Comment

even though our tax burden in Texas is relatively low, it's an easy thing to gripe about... do it myself all the time.
              I put a protester on it for all our properties and every once in a while I get a bill for saving me money... kind of like my wife at the mall!!

Comment

any services like this available for N. Central Texas area (DFW and north of there) ???

Comment

Any services in Abilene?

Comment

Working...
                  X