Just sat through a H.S. graduation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
    When my last kid graduated, that's about how long it lasted!!! I don't remember how many seniors it was, probably under 50.
    Small town Texas!!! Gotta love it!!!
    We have to go to the HEB Center, pay to park, go through security and all that jazz.

It's not like the good old days where you just graduate in the measly 10 million dollar stadium football field.

Oh the valedictorian speech was a girl who talked the entire time about her being judged because she's a woman...How she overcame the stereotypes blah blah blah..It was really bad!

Do you not go support your wife every year?

Wife is a teacher at Dickinson High School and has to sit through that gauntlet every year!! Ugh.

Go Gators!
    Last edited by RiverRat1; 05-31-2019, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
      I have one to go to next week that I almost didn't get to see so I'm not complaining.
      Yep, some didn’t get the same opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        Mine's not a teacher!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
          I was class President, my speech was quick and I only thanked the parents... My words of advice was to "always drink the good beer first". The crowd started cheering and the look on the administrations face was priceless..

My college graduation took two hours before my name was called.. I was taking shots of whiskey from a flask the whole time so it wasn't to bad.
          outstanding

Comment

I sat through Texas Tech graduation weekend before last. Almost 4 hours....that included a keynote speech in a monotone voice about rich oppressing the poor and destruction of the earth from methane gas. We sat so long I still have the hemorrhoid to remind me.

Congrats to you and your kid!
            Last edited by coldgas; 05-31-2019, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
              I sat through Texas Tech graduation weekend before last. Almost 4 hours....that included a keynote speech in a monotone voice about rich oppressing the poor and destruction of the earth from methane gas. We sat so long I still have the hemorrhoid to remind me.

Congrats to you and your kid!

Sorry but when that speech got started I’d been gone. And my kid wouldn’t expect anything less. Probably would have left with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                I really find it surprising that most schools still do a prayer at the beginning.

My son was asked to say the prayer at his Kindergarten graduation last week and he did a great job.

The smalls schools are almost as brutal as the large schools because they add more fluff. endless slide shows, announce all the scholarships, where everyone is going, their dogs name, etc..

Prayer at beginning and end, no fluff. Awards and scholarships handed out at academic banquet and served with BarBQ.

Comment

I work offshore and (dang it) I always seem to be at work during graduation.
                  Last edited by LlanoHunter10; 05-31-2019, 01:24 PM.

Comment

My kid graduated from oak ridge in Conroe isd. Tuesday at the woodlands pavilion, 958 kids. Under the top was hot a crap, on the hill was a nice breeze. It sucked to be under the top. They honored one kid that never missed a day of school from kindergarten to graduating high school.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      The name calling for 500 students isn't the worst part for me...It's listening to the endless buttkissing and lies. Long ago it was stretching the truth saying how great everyone was(teachers, principle, supers, students etc) Now they go way too far overboard.
                      Very true ! I am friends with a few teachers and let’s just say they are average people, and I will leave it at that. You don’t want to know what they think of the students, principals or each other.
                      Last edited by critter69; 05-31-2019, 01:34 PM.

Comment

My daughter's is tonite. 18 kids!!

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                          Man people act like their kid graduating high school is such a big deal. I pretty much expect everyone of mine to at least graduate HS and I’d be pretty freaking disappointed if they didn’t. Mine are in a smaller school though so graduation isn’t that big of a beating.

Exactly, congratulations for completing the easiest part of your life......

Comment

We had a kid that never missed a day of school from kindergarten to graduation too but he was sick and missed graduation

Comment

As a Kodiak Island teen prepares to leave her familiar village, her single mom encourages independence.

Comment

I sat through one last Friday. My kid had to give a speech because she finished first. That one wasn’t all that bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X