No announcement yet.

Just sat through a H.S. graduation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both boy's high school graduation was over 1400 students (read every name). About the same for Aggie Engineering for the oldest. Probably only about 500 for the youngest Business School graduation. I wouldn't miss them for anything (though they are a bit painful). One more to go when the youngest completes his Masters.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      The name calling for 500 students isn't the worst part for me...It's listening to the endless buttkissing and lies. Long ago it was stretching the truth saying how great everyone was(teachers, principle, supers, students etc) Now they go way too far overboard.
      Some teachers and admin have a positive impact on kids that do well.

Comment

I really find it surprising that most schools still do a prayer at the beginning.

My son was asked to say the prayer at his Kindergarten graduation last week and he did a great job.

The smalls schools are almost as brutal as the large schools because they add more fluff. endless slide shows, announce all the scholarships, where everyone is going, their dogs name, etc..

Comment

Sat through my oldest daughters last Friday. Graduating class was 59 students. I was proud and wont complain ( and im a whiner ) There were a few times when I wondered if she was going to stick to it, I was a bad example and didnt have the moral authority to really force it. ( I was kicked out at 18yo for getting married-Christian school ) She turned 18 in Sept so could have dropped out if she wanted. Its so cliche', but you want your kids to do better than you, and she has. I am proud.

I pray I am attending another next May.

As a side note, it did make it a bit more interesting that two of Chuck Norris' kids were graduating with my daughter.....
          Last edited by miket; 05-31-2019, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
            I have one to go to next week that I almost didn't get to see so I'm not complaining.
            That’s an excellent perspective

Comment

How many of the summa cume laude were not named Nguyen, Ho, or Patel?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Sat thru one last week. 466 graduates.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                I see you are in Magnolia - I say through those 466 as well!
                My daughter graduated number 9, so we had to sit through all - not even with the anticipation of waiting to hear her name! (yes, Dad is bragging on his girl) KJ

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  How many of the summa cume laude were not named Nguyen, Ho, or Patel?
                  We had a Jones as Summa *** Laude!
                  KJ

Comment

Originally posted by ktjones View Post
                    I see you are in Magnolia - I say through those 466 as well!

My daughter graduated number 9, so we had to sit through all - not even with the anticipation of waiting to hear her name! (yes, Dad is bragging on his girl) KJ
                    Oddly enough it was my nephew's graduation. He was 4 or 5 and from what I understand like your daughter, got bumped down one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ktjones View Post
                      We had a Jones as Summa *** Laude!
                      KJ

Comment

I could handle 30 minutes!
                        When my last kid graduated, that's about how long it lasted!!! I don't remember how many seniors it was, probably under 50.
                        Small town Texas!!! Gotta love it!!!

Comment

Wife is a teacher at Dickinson High School and has to sit through that gauntlet every year!! Ugh.

Go Gators!

Comment

The name calling for 500 students isn't the worst part for me...It's listening to the endless buttkissing and lies. Long ago it was stretching the truth saying how great everyone was(teachers, principle, supers, students etc) Now they go way too far overboard.
                            I was class President, my speech was quick and I only thanked the parents... My words of advice was to "always drink the good beer first". The crowd started cheering and the look on the administrations face was priceless..

My college graduation took two hours before my name was called.. I was taking shots of whiskey from a flask the whole time so it wasn't to bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                              I have one to go to next week that I almost didn't get to see so I'm not complaining.

Yes sir, you’ve got an excellent point. Glad you’re getting to watch him walk that stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My HS class was 76. Didn't take long. I wouldn't have gone. But, my Mother insisted.
                                They mailed my college deploma to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X