TRADITIONAL FSC Week 49

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRADITIONAL FSC Week 49

Thanks for the call! Going to keep it simple. I am getting ready for my Trad hunt at Buggscuffle on the 11th-14th so this challenge is in light of how I will hunt. A standard 8 x 11 paper is pretty close to the size vitals we need to hit for a whitetail deer. Using a sharpie draw 2 boxes, one 2 x 2 inches, the other 6 x 6 inches, cross in the middle. Take 3 shots sitting down in a chair or on your knees. First at 17 yards, second at 14, third at 11. 20 points for 1st box, 10 pts for second box, 5 pts for paper outside of second box. -20 pts for a miss. Highest score wins. Ties determined by closest to bullseye from edge of shaft. Goodluck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice challenge, Piney!

Comment

TRADITIONAL FSC Week 49

20 pts, 2,1/2” closest to bullseye. Of course my shots after the 3 were much better [emoji57]

Comment

Cool challenge Piney. Im gonna try to get in on this one.

Good luck on whitetail scuffle.

Comment

Waytago, Piney! All kill shots!

Comment

Went ahead and shot in the lightest drizzle of the day. Had a total of 30 points, with 11-yard shot closest at 1-7/8". All shots seated (on a cold, wet chair).

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
              Went ahead and shot in the lightest drizzle of the day. Had a total of 30 points, with 11-yard shot closest at 1-7/8". All shots seated (on a cold, wet chair).

Nice!

Comment

Thanks , Piney.

Comment

Love to see more shooters trying this!

Also, trad guys should all check out Rick Barbee's Traditional Archery Friends forum. There's a weekly challenge there, as well!

Comment

I’m gonna let piney score mine, because it’s his challenge and one is right on the line. I was happy either way, especially with my first shot at 17!!

2nd shot got away from me a little, and it was on the line at about 3 1/4” high.

Then my 3rd shot at 11 was just a touch right.

Here’s a pic of my group overall. I’m shooting this St Jude’s auction passaround Bow from Tradgang. It’s a Black River Hybrid. I only have it a few more weeks but I’m shooting it well and it’s a really nice bow!!

Comment

Whoops here’s the last pic.

Comment

First shot was okay but the next two were a bit high. All scoring but not enough.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Great shooting, CRM and DRT!

About 1/4" from dead center, CRM? At 17 yards? Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                            I’m gonna let piney score mine, because it’s his challenge and one is right on the line. I was happy either way, especially with my first shot at 17!!

2nd shot got away from me a little, and it was on the line at about 3 1/4” high.

Then my 3rd shot at 11 was just a touch right.

Here’s a pic of my group overall. I’m shooting this St Jude’s auction passaround Bow from Tradgang. It’s a Black River Hybrid. I only have it a few more weeks but I’m shooting it well and it’s a really nice bow!!

Give the man a bullseye! Good shootin brother

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
                              Thanks for the call! Going to keep it simple. I am getting ready for my Trad hunt at Buggscuffle on the 11th-14th so this challenge is in light of how I will hunt. A standard 8 x 11 paper is pretty close to the size vitals we need to hit for a whitetail deer. Using a sharpie draw 2 boxes, one 2 x 2 inches, the other 6 x 6 inches, cross in the middle. Take 3 shots sitting down in a chair or on your knees. First at 17 yards, second at 14, third at 11. 20 points for 1st box, 10 pts for second box, 5 pts for paper outside of second box. -20 pts for a miss. Highest score wins. Ties determined by closest to bullseye from edge of shaft. Goodluck!

Piney:

Would you agree that we have two 40-pount ends by DRT and CRM, with CRM taking the call with the closest single shot on the bull? Very nice shooting, y'all!

Comment

Working...
                              X