Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when the numbers just don't add up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see 32" of mass give or take. I see 21-22" main beams. I see 18" inside, giving a down score of 93-94". I see 8 and 8.25" G2s. 6.25" and 5" G3s and 2.5-3" G1s, bringing him up to 133ish. I see 13-14" of abnormal points, bringing a gross total to 146-147ish.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      I cant see why anyone would allow a score to determine whether or not they are happy with a kill.
      Well you're not everyone. If it makes the hunter happy to have a book deer, then good for him. As the OP stated, the guy is happy with his kill. I'm sure having it in the books would be an added bonus.

On topic, yes have that bugger re-scored!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a 1/4" tape measure, pencil, and paper and see what you come up with. It's not difficult. Great deer whatever the tape says.

Comment

Big congrats to your buddy. That's a really nice buck that I'd be thrilled to have hanging on my wall. Extremely unique throat patch that adds even more to his character.

Comment

i got 146

m 29
            Tines 53
            B 46
            IS 18

I don't see a 160 deer I also wouldn't even spend the time figuring the next.

Either way get it rescored. My first buck was real easy to score it was a cowhorn spike that scored about 7. Thats a fantastic deer that I would shoot any day . . . throat patch would be enough for me!

Comment

114 net seems awfully low to me.

I guess if it were my buck, I'd measure it myself to see how close I was and if I was way different, I'd take it to someone else.

Comment

Seems low to me also.That's a gross 150 buck,all day long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like a great time to learn how to put a tape on your own deer.

Great buck regardless if it was his first or not! Congrats!

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeaster View Post
                    Big congrats to your buddy. That's a really nice buck that I'd be thrilled to have hanging on my wall. Extremely unique throat patch that adds even more to his character.
                    I love the throat patch. Definitely unique and makes a really pretty mount. More character overall that you can shake a stick at. Great feedback.

Comment

great looking buck

Comment

Great buck but it won't make the pope & young minimum for typical and I don't see enough non typical inches to get him to the non typical minimum.

Comment

Thats at least a hi 150s buck and I usually score low just from pics he will have a lot of deductions but should still make pope and young !!

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                            i got 146

m 29
                            Tines 53
                            B 46
                            IS 18

I don't see a 160 deer I also wouldn't even spend the time figuring the next.

Either way get it rescored. My first buck was real easy to score it was a cowhorn spike that scored about 7. Thats a fantastic deer that I would shoot any day . . . throat patch would be enough for me!
                            I totally agree with you on score.
                            Please let us see the score sheet after you get him rescored.

Comment

I still have not understood why they just don't go with what the deer grew he grew it so it should count screw all the deductions!! He is a awesome buck even if he is in the 140s like the original scorer said a buck like that don't grow on trees so congrats to your buddy for a fine bow kill !

Comment

I'd love for that to be my first bow buck.

Comment

Working...
                                X