Famous Encounters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several musicians:
    Chris Layton and Tommy Shannon( Double Trouble)
    Doyle Bramhall II
    Ed King from Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Brian Setzer( Stray Cats)
    David Grissom
    Hughie Thomasson (Outlaws and later Skynyrd)
    Jason Boland and Roger Ray
    Cody Canada
    Ian Moore

Growing up in Waco, I ran into David Koresh once in Lone Star Music. Really creepy dude. I've done several hunting TV shows and met and worked with Kieth Warren and Dave Watson. Also met Jimmy Houston once, KVD and Bill Dance.

Comment

Met Terry Bradshaw in a club in El Paso in the early '80s. Just shook hands and that was it so no lasting impact on my life except he has BIG HANDS!

Comment

Met Josh Hamilton at rough creek a couple of summers ago. We had dinner beside he and his girls and later that evening one of his daughters played with my son in a horse shoe pit. He was super cool and didn't mind taking pictures with us and autographing my mother in laws Texas Ranger purse!

Comment

I met Gary Allan at the Texas Rose Hall in Alvin

Comment

Oh yeah I can’t believe I forgot BJ Penn

He went to school with my old business partner so he would come and hang out in the shop on Wednesday’s and Thursday after his jitsu. He already had a couple titles at the time so it was really cool to **** and hang out with him. He always had 2 little chihuahuas with him which for some reason cracked me up. The Produgy, a ****** UFC champion with little yap dogs always with him

Comment

I have met a few famous people, I use to work backstage at billy bobs and my grandparents were very good friends with **** Motta. My favorite was drinking a lot of Jim beam with Montgomery Gentry. Very fun night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not to many i guess. Not that famous.
                Only one is Fred ( Moon) Whitfield. Pretty good roper. My dad and uncle taught him how to rope.

Comment

I held the door open at Chilis in Corsicana for the person behind me. While waiting for a table, I realized it was Josh Hamilton.

Comment

I met Carrol Shelby about 15 years ago. I was 16 and we where delivering a couple of dogs to him. He was the biggest a-hole I have ever met. Even though he’s dead, I still deep down get a negative felling about any Shelby vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowlife View Post
                      I met Carrol Shelby about 15 years ago. I was 16 and we where delivering a couple of dogs to him. He was the biggest a-hole I have ever met. Even though he’s dead, I still deep down get a negative felling about any Shelby vehicle.
                      You may have caught him on a bad day. Not making excuses but he was having bad heart problems around that time. I saw him about then at a road rally at his ranch in east Texas and he was gracious to everyone but clearly he was in pain and having trouble getting around. FWIW.

Comment

I know there are quite a few I have met, some will come back to me slowly. When I was a kid, my step father used to own a automotive A/C shop in Corpus. At the time Bobby Labaonte was working at Barbob Motorhomes. My step father and one of his employs perfected the under dash A/C units, back in the 70s, so they sold their under dash units that worked all over the state, compared to the others that did not work for crap. They installed A/C units in most of the trucks sold by French Ellison, out of Corpus, then Laredo, Pharr and San Antonio. They also sold and installed units, in most every other brand of big rigs that were sold around Corpus and all over south Texas in the 70s. Then they sold, installed and serviced a lot of A/C units in motor homes, for Barbob Motorhomes. Terry would come by the shop regularly. Back then he mainly raced at CC Speedway. Then a good friend of ours, who was also a neighbor, banker, also raced at CC Speedway against Terry, was also friends of Terry. So I got to meet him on multiple occasions, at that point in time, he was not famous. While we knew him, is when he took off and started racing big time in NASCAR. Never saw him again, other than on TV. He was likely a influence in me getting my go kart, which lead to me getting into racing cars.

Comment

Originally posted by cohenascopy View Post
                          When I worked at a ford dealership I did an oil change on carrol Shelby’s personal f150. He signed me a picture and I have it framed with the work order.

I would guess you worked in a east Texas dealership? That would be cool. I worked for Ford dealers for many years, don't remember any famous people from the dealerships. Many who thought they were very important and got all types of ****** off, when I did not give a crap who they were, was just there to fix whatever problem their vehicle had.

Comment

I Am a volunteer baseball coach with David Murphy for a
                            Small private school. He is an awesome guy.
                            I sold Terry Bradshaw some land in Aubrey about 4 years ago. He looked rode hard and put up wet.

Comment

Originally posted by Range97 View Post
                              I Am a volunteer baseball coach with David Murphy for a
                              Small private school. He is an awesome guy.
                              I sold Terry Bradshaw some land in Aubrey about 4 years ago. He looked rode hard and put up wet.
                              Have you ever seen David hit a golf ball? Oh.my.

Comment

We went to top golf about a year ago. He kept hitting a two iron like a missle launcher. I was shanking everything. I did whoop him in sporting clays though😜

Comment

Working...
                                X