No announcement yet.

Raccoon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boil it for 20 minutes, then bake it at 325 for 2-3 hours seasoned to taste, onions, garlic, tony's, red pepper, salt, butter and covered either on the smoker or in the oven. De-bone and add BBQ sauce and simmer and then put on a bun with onions and pickles.

Comment

Bake it wrapped in foil with potatoes and carrots. It aint good unless he's lookin' at you!

Comment

Originally posted by J-DUB View Post
        boil it for 20 minutes, then bake it at 325 for 2-3 hours seasoned to taste, onions, garlic, tony's, red pepper, salt, butter and covered either on the smoker or in the oven. De-bone and add BBQ sauce and simmer and then put on a bun with onions and pickles.
        I'm sorry J-Dub, this just sounds the long way around to a BBQ samich!

Comment

Preacher Man you are correct, but this is the only way that i could ever eat it. it a lot easier to go to a BBQ joint for a samich!!!

Comment

They will eat them in Louisiana.

Comment

There was this old man who lived on the edge of my old deer lease in east tx. My buddy and I would visit with him and drink beer everytime we went to the lease. One day he cooked us a coon just like others are saying (wrapped in foil with sweet potatoes and carrots). We didnt want to be rude so we ate it and it wasnt bad, till later that night when I woke up to a terrible rumble in my gut. I couldnt get to a toilet fast enough, and had a waterfall coming out my @$$ for the next two days! Never again will I eat that greasy animal. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by meangreen04 View Post
                I've never had it but I'd definitely try it. Check out this video on the Coon Man of Detroit. Pretty cool. http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...ot-bad12112014
                "Hunting is illegal within city limits. Beasley says he hunts his raccoons on a farm in the Jackson, Michigan, area."

Uhuh, I'm sure that's where he gets his raccoons from.

Comment

Buzzards gotta eat to!

Comment

I ate coon one time. We were camping and had some (roughly) month old coons. Figured that if we were going to eat them it may as well be the youngest we could find. Cleaned them up, sprinkled some cajun seasoning on them, and cooked over a camp fire. They weren't bad...I basically ate them to say that I've eaten coon.

Comment

The best and easiest way is to get a cedar board, put the coon on it and grill it for about two hours. Then dispose of the meat and chia down on that cedar plank. I've had it before where some one barbecued it, never again will raccoon enter my mouth.

Comment

Tried BBQ coon a couple of times and yea it's terrible. LOL The ones I've had were always greasy and stringy with a touch of raunchy.

Comment

Grew up coon hunting in Missouri young ones make good BBQ adult sows pressure cooker then BBQ or stew old boars made dog food

Comment

There's a black guy in my neighborhood that begs me for coon. He even offer to pay me for every coon that I get for him.

Comment

This is not my fav.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
                                There's a black guy in my neighborhood that begs me for coon. He even offer to pay me for every coon that I get for him.
                                Team up with Smart ... ya'll could have a nice side income!

Comment

Working...
                                X