No announcement yet.

Do leveling kits improve the ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@CSanders yea thats what I went with. Went with boss because they were easier to adjust and wanted more lift out of them but figured out later I didnt need as much lift as I thought since I have a 2wd. If you do get them and you have a 2wd tell them when purchasing so they can set them correclty. Had to crank mine like 12 turns down when they got on the truck. They are great though, caught them onsale and got them for around 750ish. Wish I would have got the back ones also but will probably pick them up next time they are on sale.

Comment

Generally speaking, no. It will make the ride worse.

Comment

I think its cool when they put a load in the back and their head lights are shining up in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
          If it is a 2016, it is a steel body. I have one also.
          They did not switch to the aluminum till 2017.
          The new body style aluminum F150s came out in 2015. My aluminum truck is a 2016

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Same ride for me on my F150 except it feels less stable on turns with higher cg. I hate that I can't adjust headlights though, get flashed often at night. Probably wouldn't do it looking back but it does look better to me and gives me a little more clearance on the front for field mounds and curbs.
            Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 07-12-2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

4.5 inch Lift and level on my Silverado rides much better now. Especially when hauling a load or towing a trailer

Comment

[QUOTE=Duckologist;13481685]The new body style aluminum F150s came out in 2015. My aluminum truck is a 2016

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk[/QUOT

Thanks. You beat me to the correction. Thanks for all of the comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                  The new body style aluminum F150s came out in 2015. My aluminum truck is a 2016

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                  My bad. Sorry
                  I have an F250. Superduty's didn't become aluminum till 2017.

Comment

I've got a 18 250. Did a ready level 2.5in stage 2 level kit on the front and a 1in motofab rear block kit on the rear. Sits absolutely perfect..the 2.5 will slightly leave the bed downward but not much. I'm very picky. Put the 1in on the rear and couldn't be happier.

Comment

The only thing I've seen them do is blind oncoming traffic when the headlights are on.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                        The only thing I've seen them do is blind oncoming traffic when the headlights are on.

And this is such a simple adjustment to fix that it’s ridiculous.

Comment

You mean un-leveling kit right?....

Comment

Trucks are higher in the back so when you actually haul something your back end isnt dragging.......I guess most trucks dont haul much or even get dirt on the tires.

Comment

Have Rough Country 2" spacers on both mine and the wifes trucks (both 2016 F150) and no noticeable change in the handling at all. Now, once you put wider or more aggressive tread tires on, you will notice handling or walking more. But that has nothing to do with the level, that's the tires.

Comment

Leveling can be accomplished in a couple of ways.
                                Spacer kit - usually no change for small (2" - 3") lifts.
                                New suspension - the world is your oyster

Comment

Working...
                                X