No announcement yet.

TX Gator Lakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Raven (Huntsville State Park) has an abundance for such a small lake. It also has a swimming area. I would fish it in a ten foot bass buggy and there were a couple that were longer than my boat.

Comment

Most all of the Trinity River tributaries do. Including the little creek in Forrest Park that feeds into the Trinity in down town Ft. Worth. Caught a small 3 footer in that creek when I was a kid in grade school one day during summer day camp, with the help of some folks at the Ft. Wroth Zoo.

Lake Worth has quite a few. And have for many many years. My first one I saw there was when I was a young kid. There are many jokes about gators being there. But there have been a few caught and many sightings by locals. The Sancuary on the upper end used to have an 11' when I was a kid. And a few years ago, a blind 12 footer made the TV news by a lady who had been feeding it.

There are also a few secretive gators in the Mighty Brazos up this way. And one caught on someone's trot-line in Lake Pat Cleburne a few years ago. Lake Ray Hubbard has had a few in the past. As well as lake Grapevine. People get excited when they see one, no matte where it's at.

There are a lot more gators in Texas in places that people really don't realize, that have them.

Comment

Any seen in Lake Whitney??

Comment

Lake Texana is infested w them. Buddy of mine has a full body mount of a 13' gator from there.
          Last edited by TexasTK; 03-27-2019, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Every lake in E and SETx

Comment

Based on the alligator biologist for TPWD i used to know, all of them could have one. That was 25 years ago he told me this.

Comment

Not a lake but saw this one on Matagorda beach close to the jetties a few years ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Biggest ones I’ve seen have been on choke canyon. I used to have pictures but they’re all on my old phone of course. Another place that has them is coleto creek. Seen and almost hit a good size one running across the lake one day luckily he swirled and went under or he would have done some serious damage to my boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lake Texana has some big lizards

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                      Lake Houston I would assume does.

It does. I’ve seen 2

Comment

My pond

Sabine River Bottom is loaded with them

Hawkins
                        Fork
                        Palestine

I know they are in lots of lakes

First ones I saw were on a lease we had between what is now Safari Waters Ranch and Rainbo Club in Henderson county
                        That was the mid 80’s and there are lots more now

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                          Athens
                          Fork
                          Cedar Creek
                          Palestine
                          Wife’s family been on lake front Cedar Creek since 1968 and never seen a gator. They live on the Eustace side. Not a good lake for gators since it’s mostly built up.

Comment

Colletto creek hasnt been mentioned and is also loaded with en

Comment

Saw a couple at Brazos Bend

Comment

Talked to a guy who swears he saw one in the Rio Grande all the way up by Del Rio. Seems that would put them in Amistad.

Comment

Working...
                                X