Coyote and varmit calls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coyote and varmit calls?

Do calls like FoxPro really work? I was having a discussion with a guy and he refuses to think they work.

We have lots of coyotes around but rarely see them (like 3 in two years). I really don't want to drop $300-400 on a FoxPro and still not see any LOL. This guy would really laugh at me then.

So do they work? If so, how sure are you it was the call?

They work.

Comment

I use mouth calls when I hunt by myself. But when I take someone out of during a contest I use my shockwave. It works if there is anything around and you know what sound and volume to use. Great tool for the beginner and seasoned coyote hunted. In short, YES they work

Comment

Yes they work... You don't see any because they don't want to be seen. I'm not saying you will 100% see a yote every time you set the call out but they do work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yes calls work. Any brand will work, depends on the situation, sound, time of year etc

I would get a flextone flx 500 or a icotec. To start off with, unless you wanna spend the coin on a foxpro.. I got a icotec from midway a couple years ago for 40 bucks. They just had all their predator hunting gear on sale as well

Comment

I love mine. I call in fox all the time and an occasional bobcat....... ok one time I called in a bobcat but it was awesome. Not many coyotes where I hunt so I have never called in a yote.

Comment

Would the ICOtec GC300 work? It's $80

How close do the coyotes come to he call? I assume they try to check it out but don't run right up to it.

Other tips? And why are the other calls $200-$500?

Comment

I have an extreme dimension by Ruger. Its a speaker that uses either an Android or apple app to play the sounds though using bluetooth.

You have to have the speaker to sync to the app, based on a super secret code in the battery compartment of the speaker.

700 different sounds and it doesn't break the bank and works very well.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had a doe run up and smell the call while calling in the spring time. I was with 2 buddies with a cooler between us. I turned the call off and as we were talking about how crazy that was a fox ran between us and the call which was 30 yards away... They work! Do the whitetail fawn bleat in the spring time and you'll tick off every doe within ear shot of call.

Comment

Anyone use the FOXPRO Wildfire 2 ? It's on sale for $100 Any good?

Comment

Their website used to have some good deals on re-furbed calls, might check that out?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

They work but coyotes get smart to callers really quick when they have been hunted. Can be really hard to call them in sheep/goat country where they have been hunted.

Comment

Yes they work. Coyotes come tearing in to the call so I know its the call

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            Would the ICOtec GC300 work? It's $80

How close do the coyotes come to he call? I assume they try to check it out but don't run right up to it.

Other tips? And why are the other calls $200-$500?
                            I’ve had them come in at night and dang near run the call and decoy over.

Comment

I have the foxpro inferno and I’ve called in multiple coyotes in with it. Actually called one in this morning with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X