X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to get out and scout a little bit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Went out this morning, only saw one fat fox squirrel and it was close to the road no shot. Mosquitoes are bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
        Mosquitoes are bad.
        That's weird. Seems like I just heard that just a few hours ago. Dmack, have fun getting your feeder. Someone said they'll eat you alive.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
          That's weird. Seems like I just heard that just a few hours ago. Dmack, have fun getting your feeder. Someone said they'll eat you alive.

Have to get home first. I am sure they are as bad as the house has them. We have been swarming with them for a while now.

Comment

Got her this morning while looking for squirrels. [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Now what are you gonna do with that BC?

Comment

Damian I don't know if you're still interested in hunting the spot we found a few years back with all the good oak trees but once I start seeing acorns popping out I'm going to go back down there and check it out.

Comment

I'm finally back to work after a lengthy and unplanned hiatus so I haven't been on here much. I sure am looking forward to getting back out to the forest and doing some scouting though.

Comment

I have a buddy that will kill for coon meat, I talked to him earlier he had that coon in brine and ready for some Cajun marinade lol.

Comment

I have a buddy that will kill for coon meat, I talked to him earlier he had that coon in brine and ready for some Cajun marinade lol.
                      Is it any good? Have you tasted it?

Welcome back John.

For all those scouting here recently, y'all seen any deer? I've been seeing a lot the last few mornings on side of 45 between 1-2am. Between new waverly and Huntsville.

Comment

John, I'm going to venture out more this year. I've got a couple places I'm going to check. Remind me which spot you're talking about....seems like we've scouted several with oak trees....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                          Is it any good? Have you tasted it?

Welcome back John.

For all those scouting here recently, y'all seen any deer? I've been seeing a lot the last few mornings on side of 45 between 1-2am. Between new waverly and Huntsville.
                          I had it when I was a kid. my dad was a hunter so we grew eating plenty of wilgame I remembered being good.
                          I saw 6 big does yesterday they didn't have faws with them.
                          Last edited by Buck-Chaser; 05-02-2016, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                            John, I'm going to venture out more this year. I've got a couple places I'm going to check. Remind me which spot you're talking about....seems like we've scouted several with oak trees....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                            Yeah john, remind us which spot. Gps coordinates would help refresh our memories.

Comment

That's a nice sized bait thief you shot there BC. There is a good little video series made by a guy who traps them, sells the pelt and occasionally eats the meat.

I would definitely try raccoon meat. I'd personally stray away from the ones that are too close to urban areas as they eat a lot of odd stuff... but the ones out at my lease get fat on corn... so I'd be willing to bet they are tastier than an average coon.

Comment

probably about the greasiest thing you'll ever eat too. At least that's what I've been told. Watched a lady eat some once on the scott laseth cook show on sportsman channel... her response was "well, it'll make a terd"

Comment

Working...
                                X