No announcement yet.

10 - 700 yd hog gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm sitting here looking for a drop chart for a 300 BO there's zeroed at a 100 yds. But feeders at 50 yds.

I came across this thread and was like WOW!
    I still have the rifle.
    It's actually a Model 12 BVSS.

The Pentax scope quit focusing Middle of last season. Put another cheap one in it. Its a cheap scope. I had my eye on a niteforce but it sold before I could save for it.

I initially didn't hunt with it much cause it was a beautiful beautiful beautiful gun. It's still a thing of beauty but she's getting some character marks. So I seen to find myself using her more.

Still haven't gotten a load developed.

I did figure out shes looking the Barnes 165 TTSX. I'm on the fence about their terminal performance. From my limited experience if I hit bone it's DRT. If I don't it runs. When it does i usually see a good blood trail.

This year I've gotten
    3 pigs. 2 with one shot.
    2 does.
    All inside 150 yds

Shoulder shot both doe.
    One barely quartering to me. I shot here in the onside shoulder it exited behind her off shoulder and she was DRT.
    Other was quarteringto me again. I hit her an 1 forward of where I wanted. Broke her on side shoulder, bullet hot her offside suffer and exited her armpit, shattering there shoulder.
    Same morning I shot the first doe I shot a little 7 point. I thought he was quartering away, when he was actually quartering too. I shot him behind on side shoulder it excited middle of his rib cage. He ran 70 yds, and fell in sight of me.

One pig was 170 yards quartering too me. Hit him left side of his neck, he was practically facing me. He dropped in his tracks. Reached friend guesstimated him at 150#.

Other two were young. I didn't see the second one. He was behind and feeding with his head down when I shot.

I recently got some Hornady Whitetail in 200 grains to try out.

I saved there money to get me a Vortex PST Get 2 but decided to re Allocate it to a Management Hunt at G2 Ranch in Pearsall.

Comment

I’m a creedmoor fan.
      Killed 3 deer this year...2 bucks and a doe. 235 was the longest shot and it sounded like he got hit with a 2x6 (suppressed rifle).

143 gr ELDX and haven’t tracked a deer yet.

Still supersonic at 1300.
      I’m comfortable out to 400...that’s as far out as we have the target right now.

Comment

Working...
      X