No announcement yet.

House Approves Concealed-Carry Reciprocity, Gun Bill Faces Challenge In Senate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House Approves Concealed-Carry Reciprocity, Gun Bill Faces Challenge In Senate

House Republicans on Wednesday voted in favor of making concealed-carry permits valid across state lines, scoring a major victory for gun-rights supporters.

But similar Senate legislation still faces an uncertain future, with top Democrats and other gun-control advocates rallying in opposition on Capitol Hill.

The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act passed 231-198 in the GOP-controlled House, with six Democrats voting in support.

moving in the right direction!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m not sure this is a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why? I must be missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
            Why? I must be missing something.

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
            Why not?

First it’s never a good thing for the Fed to take over states rights issues.

What about states that are constitutional carry requiring no licensing? Will this require states that are currently constitutional carry or open carry go back to concealed carry? Will states that are constitutional carry now require to go back to licensed carry?

Comment

What about states that are constitutional carry requiring no licensing? Will this require states that are currently constitutional carry or open carry go back to concealed carry? Will states that are constitutional carry now require to go back to licensed carry?

Hmm. Yeah. Good question. I would imagine that those states wouldn’t go back to concealed carry, but obviously for another state to recognize their license they would have to have one. Cause ya know they left ain’t gonna let national constitutional carry.

Comment

The way the bill is wriiten, all states would have to recognize a concealed carry license from any state of they permit concealed carry in their state. Doesn't address open or constitutional carry. It's a good thing. Better than we have now.

Problem will be in the Senate where they need 60 votes. Don't see how they will get it without tremendous pressure on blue state senators from their own constituents. See can't help much as Corynon and Cruz are all in.

Comment

While a I agree with you, the Constitution clearly says we have the right to bear arms. This over rides state rights. This bill still isn't in line with the Constitution but it's a step in the right direction.

Comment

I value states' rights over federal control for sure, but when a state tries to take away a Constitutional right, as many lib anti-gun states have done, then the Constitutional rights need to be upheld.

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
                      The way the bill is wriiten, all states would have to recognize a concealed carry license from any state of they permit concealed carry in their state. Doesn't address open or constitutional carry. It's a good thing. Better than we have now.

Problem will be in the Senate where they need 60 votes. Don't see how they will get it without tremendous pressure on blue state senators from their own constituents. See can't help much as Corynon and Cruz are all in.

Still doesn’t address the issue of the states that require a license. So they either have to go back to licensed carry or they can’t carry anywhere else because they don’t have a license.

Comment

Just saw an article today that points to the mention of the Brady bill in the middle of it all and throws some hanky-panky into the bill. I looked at it, House bill 4477, saw the Brady bill mentioned but I am not very good @ understanding legalese so it did not make much sense to me. But the bill was co-sponsored by 6 Dems and only 3 Repubs and that there made it suspicious to me. Thinkin someone here who understands legal speak might shed a little more light on this aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                          Just saw an article today that points to the mention of the Brady bill in the middle of it all and throws some hanky-panky into the bill. I looked at it, House bill 4477, saw the Brady bill mentioned but I am not very good @ understanding legalese so it did not make much sense to me. But the bill was co-sponsored by 6 Dems and only 3 Repubs and that there made it suspicious to me. Thinkin someone here who understands legal speak might shed a little more light on this aspect.
                          Wrong bill.

H.R.38 - Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017
                          H.R.4477 - Fix NICS Act of 2017

Comment

Seems nothing is happening here

kronik by Diamond

Comment

Working...
                            X